3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Add a sub to factory infinity

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 AM
DaytonaDakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add a sub to factory infinity

hi i own an 03 ram reg cab with the infinity audio option. im keeping everything factory but i am adding a ten inch sub.

how do i connect the pre amps and remote to the factory radio, ive only done this with an aftermarket hu
i bought the line output convertor and im debating on whether i should install it right behind the radio or in the cab near the speakers or what also i have know idea where to tap in for a remote

any help is greatly appreciated

Old 05-02-2008, 05:33 AM
jk360
Veteran
Default RE: Add a sub to factory infinity

i just did it last week in my 03 qc. because im too impatient too wait for my new h/u that comes today in the mail!! however i dont have the infinity stereo and im pretty sure the infinity has a seperate amp behind the glove box. dont know if thecheaper one has an built in amp or exterenal.but anyways i just spliced off behind the h/u for the rears and i used the switched ignition wire behind the h/u for the remote. note: after hooking everything up, i had to fade the speakers 75% front and 25% rear and have the bass all the way down and the trebile 100% for it to sound good.. i have a 40 watt ampat 2 ohms and the gain about 50%and if i didnt lower the bass or fade the speakers all id hear is bass.. lol.. atleast with the new h/u it has sub preamps and controlsao i could adjust it more finely.. i know people on hear saySony's crap, but ive never had any problems with them and i used to install stereos for a living and have used everything from zlpine to eclipse to claion.... havent really noticed that much of a difference except for the $$. heres what im getting.. http://www.xplodsony.com/xplod/headunits/MEX-BT5000 main reason im getting itis the bluetooth cause of the stupid laws in nj! i hate wearing an earpiece and everytime the phone rings i gotta look at in anyway to see whos calling! and i have a blackberry which i keep in a case so im doing so muchbefore i even answer thati might as well not use an earpiece! but this h/u shows the caller id on it and i use the built in mic and truck speakers as my earpiece!!!! pretty sick!

heres the wiring diagram:

| RADIO 12V|pink |+ |radio |
| RADIO GROUND|black/green |- |radio |
| RADIO SWITCH|brown/red |+ |radio |
| RADIO ILLUMINATE|orange/blue (dimmer)|+ |radio |
| LF SPEAKER|lt grn/rd-lt grn/grn| |radio or amplifier *6 |
| RF SPEAKER|lt blu/pu-lt blu/blk| |radio or amplifier *6 |
| LR SPEAKER|wht/red - wht/blk | |radio or amplifier *6 |
| RR SPEAKER|tan/pur - tan/blk | |radio or amplifier *6 |

*6 The amplifier is located behind the glove box.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:38 PM
08RAMHEMI
Amateur
Default RE: Add a sub to factory infinity

Super easy.. just buy an interface like the periphial cyaa ( http://peripheralelectronics.com/products.aspx)

I have that one, picked it up on ebay for 60 bucks. It gives you front and rear outputs plus a remote turn on for the amps.

Quick Reply: Add a sub to factory infinity