3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Topgunz Leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 01:18 AM
zagbean
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Topgunz Leveling Kit

Hey guys,
Just received my 2.5" leveling kit from Topgunz and I'm having a hell of a time installing the damn thing! I have to admit, I don't do much with respect to mechanic work but I figured I could do this. The biggest problem I'm having is getting the upper control arm back on, it seems like its under alot of pressure as I'm pulling it down to try and reattach it. I was able to install the spacers and all the other stuff, it's just getting it back together now that the strut assembly is 2+" taller. I know there are a few members on here with the same kit, and I was hoping they would have some input on this. Thanks a bunch guys!
Erik

Old 05-03-2008, 01:36 PM
mmstar23
Champion
Default RE: Topgunz Leveling Kit

i dont have that kit, but getting it back together wasnt a big problem for me, it was seperating the upper control arm from the spindle.....that was a pain in the ***. a lot of guys on here have the TGC kit though and im sure will be able to help. check in the DIY section on the leveling kit. that may help, may not....good luck, i just had to push through and make things fit together and squueze in and any other hard **** that happened when i was doing it.

did you get shock relocators? or are you going to buy longer ones?

Old 05-04-2008, 08:27 AM
HEMI07
Veteran
Default RE: Topgunz Leveling Kit

ORIGINAL: zagbean

Hey guys,
Just received my 2.5" leveling kit from Topgunz and I'm having a hell of a time installing the damn thing! I have to admit, I don't do much with respect to mechanic work but I figured I could do this. The biggest problem I'm having is getting the upper control arm back on, it seems like its under alot of pressure as I'm pulling it down to try and reattach it. I was able to install the spacers and all the other stuff, it's just getting it back together now that the strut assembly is 2+" taller. I know there are a few members on here with the same kit, and I was hoping they would have some input on this. Thanks a bunch guys!
Erik
Whats up...I installed the same kit on my 07 1500 4x4. What I did was put a floor jack under the lower control arm and jacked up up a little, then with a large pry bar I pulled the upper control arm down enough to get the nut started on the upper ball joint. Once the nut is started, it will pull the ball joint into place as you tighten.

Quick Reply: Topgunz Leveling Kit