3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

electric widows

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 07:28 PM
ifixx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric widows

Just noticed my two front electric windows need a manual assist to go back up when brought down via the switch. I have the 2002 1500 crew cab and the back two windows are fine. Just both front.
Does anybody have any ideas?
Thanks,
D.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Deviousin10tions
Professional
Default RE: electric widows

I'm still a little confused by what you mean manual assist, do you have to grab and pull or what? If so there is a problem.

Old 01-12-2005, 12:41 PM
ifixx

Deviousin10tions,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I must grab and pull them. When I do this while holding the up button, then it starts and goes all the way. It seems it only happens when its cold. I'm live in NJ, and today it's not too cold, the windows worked fine. But this warm weather won't last long. And its both front windows. Can't be a switch problem since the master on the driver side or the passenger button have the same symptoms.
Dennis

Old 01-12-2005, 03:19 PM
stupidface
Professional

had same problem with 2k3 reg windows, i allways rolled them down to bass around town then liftd them when i park, or go to work keep in mind that was with a electric windows setup that came with the truck package, turns out i wore the gear assembly withen the motor, out on both sides a week apart from each other, fixed for free on my under 36k plan hope this helps ya

Old 01-13-2005, 03:53 AM
dodgewhine
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats because you keep keying the window after its up. But it can be fixed. The problem is the OEM gear and motor uses nylon bushings to hold the worm gear. Chrysler has been using the same gear and motor since the 60's. Don't let the dodge parts guy sell you a new motor. Buy the gear and seal package #04339433. You will need about an hour to do the job. Pull the panel off. Drill the 4 rivets that hold the window regulator to the door. But if the rivets spin,,DO NOT hold the rivets with your fingers. Use a plier. Then hold the window up with a screwdriver or something. Then remove the motor from the regulator, 3 screws. Then clean the old gear out and replace with the new gear. grease well. Then reverse to install. You will need also 4-1/4x1" hex bolts. These are to go inplace of the rivets you drilled. Use blue LOCTITE on the threads. No lockwashers. Assemble and test. Then put the panel back on. I've done 100's of these.

Quick Reply: electric widows