3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

level kit installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:45 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: level kit installation

Yea, that's basically all a level kit does, just brings the front up to sit level with the back. Some keys are a fixed level and some have an inch anda half or so play in them. Regardless, you still have the ability to "fine tune" the lift height with the key bolts...
Hell, if you didn't mind a stiffer front end, you could forget the level kit and just crankthe bolts a few turns, many go the whole distance to raise the front level, but that really stiffens the front end up. Think of the key bolts basically like twisting a rubber band, a little is no big deal, but you go too far, and the front end is really tight and handling suffers...
I've cranked the bolts on two of my friends torsion front trucks, one a Dodge, one another brand. One guy had me take 'em back down and opted for a level kit, saying he couldn't stand the front end. The other guy turned 'em up even higher a few months later, to full level, and loves it. Still has it that way almost two years later...

Old 05-12-2008, 04:47 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: level kit installation

The front will look like the back as far as how the wheel looks in the wheel well, so you shouldn't need new tires. You can always fine tune teh adjustment with the bolt on the torsion bar itself. again, i found cheaper keys here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-05-Dodge-Ram-3-Torsion-bar-Key-Lift-Kit-1500-keys_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33586QQihZ008QQite mZ180242245738QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
they look the same to me

Old 06-20-2009, 04:33 PM
05 4.7 RAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure how much lift you want, or how much your willing to spend. I got this kit, little more expensive that the top gunz, but you get the rear add-a-leafs.

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/share...ce=shoppingcom

Quick Reply: level kit installation