3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New to the hemi and this site.. Needa little help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 11:55 PM
0threeHEMI
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the hemi and this site.. Needa little help

New to the forum, but this site has some great info and great people on it!. I Recently bough an 03 Dodge Ram and got the torsion key Ready Lift installed on it today!. Looks great but i noticed a total different ride feel in the front. I searched and read that i might need new/ or longer shocks? I would like to go with racho but what shock would be best which one is longer or more suitable for my needs.??? any input would be great!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 12:06 AM
RedneckDodge86
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to the hemi and this site.. Needa little help

You dont "need" new shock. Yeah it was be good to get new ones but you dont "need" them. Rancho are good shocks. And to tell you the truth if ur not gonna do it yourself i goto a local 4x4 store and see if they can give u a deal

Old 05-13-2008, 07:07 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: New to the hemi and this site.. Needa little help

Putting the leveling keys in a t-bar truck "stiffens" the front end a bit, not quite as much as if you simply cranked the key bolts, but it still stiffens it up, nevertheless. It couldbe that you are just feeling this stiffness in the front end and don't need shocks at all. Usually the tell-tale sign that you need new/longer shocks is a bottoming out on bumps...

Quick Reply: New to the hemi and this site.. Needa little help