3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Wire

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008 | 12:25 PM
7mmmag1
|
Professional
Default Power Wire

Ive had my truck for a little more than 2 years, and my warranty has 6k miles left, so I figure its about time to start doing some more stuff to it. I saw that a few of you guys had installed the power wire on your trucks, and the price is cheap enough. I was wondering if you really felt a difference in power/mileage or if its just a waste of money. Also if please let my know if this made you encounter any problems

Thanks

Old 05-16-2008 | 07:03 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Default RE: Power Wire

i liked it at first...but, maybe i was brainwashed. i'm going to track in next few weeks (before june i think)...and i'm gonna do some runs with it, and some runs without it. for some reason, i think it'll do better w/out it. i am just pretty sure the way i drive it just eats gas mileage, so i now hate it. hell, i'm gonna go for a drive right now to aunt in a few. i'll take that sumbitch out and see if it's a noticable decrease in power...

Old 05-16-2008 | 07:46 PM
marv02
Captain

I still have not got around putting my Jet chip On E-Bay yet last time before I do it THIS weekend any takers lets redo that statment any Buyers out there.

Old 05-16-2008 | 07:57 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

i really want it, but i don't. as in, i want it, but don't wanna buy it =)

maybe i'll bid on it on ebay. taht way if i'm outbid, i'll just consider it an "oh well".

edit: or, i'll win it for like $3. which would be awesome =)

Old 05-18-2008 | 03:01 AM
daytona1680
Veteran

I have the power wire on my truck and it serves the purpose I got it for (richin up my A/F).I honestly dont know if it affected my power or MPG...........Jet chips are junk!

Old 05-20-2008 | 03:41 PM
7mmmag1
|
Professional

also do u know if you need to run 91 octane with the powerwire? also, I eventually plan on running a jet stage 2, but not till the warrantys up, and i was wondering if anybody knew if the powerwire worked well with the stage 2, or if that would be too much timing advancing

Old 05-20-2008 | 03:58 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

yea, i've had my power wire out for a few days. at full throttle is when the wire is supposed to have its stuff happen...but without it on, my trucks faster. i'm positive about that. so, maybe my wire was juat making it to lean and bogging it a bit? cause that's what it felt like. at higher rpms, maybe it made a difference...like when at full throttle at high speeds, it probably does a bit, but when flooring it from the line, after swtiching gears, such as into third, the rpms are low, and the extra gas being delivered at WOT seems to just bog it down. stupid thing.

Old 05-20-2008 | 04:24 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

and liek i said...i'm goin g to the track on friday...i'll do some runs with it in..and with it out.

Old 05-22-2008 | 07:34 PM
daytona1680
Veteran

ORIGINAL: derricksmash

yea, i've had my power wire out for a few days. at full throttle is when the wire is supposed to have its stuff happen...but without it on, my trucks faster. i'm positive about that. so, maybe my wire was juat making it to lean and bogging it a bit? cause that's what it felt like. at higher rpms, maybe it made a difference...like when at full throttle at high speeds, it probably does a bit, but when flooring it from the line, after swtiching gears, such as into third, the rpms are low, and the extra gas being delivered at WOT seems to just bog it down. stupid thing.
The power wire wont lean you out, it will richin up your A/F... my A/F was14.8-15.0 at idle without powerwire, with power wire im 14.6-14.8 at idle acording to my wideband.

Quick Reply: Power Wire