3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

True Duals on a Hemi?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: True Duals on a Hemi?

Yeah, your right. Sorry,I had a brain fart.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:38 PM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do I need to install an "H" pipe to my dual exhaust?
Flowmaster strongly recommends using an "H" pipe, commonly known as a "balance tube" on all "true dual" exhaust systems. An "H" pipe equalizes the pressures between both banks of the engine giving a broader and flatter torque curve throughout the rpm range. It also eliminates "back-rap" common on deceleration, and creates a deeper mellower tone both inside and outside of the vehicle.

this is from flowmaster website

Old 05-22-2008, 07:09 PM
daytona1680
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dodgeboy328

I wonder if a set of long tube headers would help keep that bottom end power? Having a loud truck doesn't bother me as long as it's not way too loud. I don't think that will be a problem though.
If your going to run true duals why not just put on longtube headers when you do the exhaust and throw on a set of high flow cats?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:01 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: xfeejayx

I think that's backwards. From what I've understood, LTs will give you more top end, but take away a little of the bottom end.
If I lost any low end torque from the LT headers, it was not enough that I can feel it. I did, however, keep the cats, so that might have given me enough backpressure to not lose any perceptable torque. But from about 2500 rpm's and up, you wouldn't believe the extra oomph the butt dyno feels. Besides, the better breathing has my gas mileage up considerably. I get roughly the same city mileage and maybe one mpg less highway right now, modded out the a$$, 4.56 gears, 35" tires and weighing in at close to 7000 lbs. as I did bone stock! Imagine how good the mileage would be if I still had stock size tires, with stock height and weighing in closer to the 5500 lbs. it was stock!!!

Quick Reply: True Duals on a Hemi?