3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC Vents??

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008 | 12:28 PM
06Mopar
|
Professional
Default AC Vents??

Has anyone had any problems with the AC vents not blowing out much air?? I have noticed that even on high there isnt a lot of air coming out, and when its on low you can barely tell anything is comin out...

Old 05-22-2008 | 02:53 PM
RamItOne
Default RE: AC Vents??

Blend door anyone?

Remember AC repairs cost more in the summer.

Old 05-22-2008 | 06:41 PM
nomoredaks
Default RE: AC Vents??

It is the blend air door... all the o6 and some previous years will experience this.. I had mine to the dealership a month ago for this and they said they replaced it.. This last monday I brought it back as I discovered the AC was not blowing cold for more than the first 10 secs then it would stop..I could turn off the AC anf back on again and would only blow 10 secs then stop.. got it back yesturday and it blows really good now.. They replaced the blend air door again,, found a sensor in the unit that was telling the AC it was blowing to cold amd shutting it down,, they replaced the sensor and no help.. Dodge told to reposition the sensor.. So they kept it another day to pull the dash back out and reposition the sensor.. Noe it blows cold for 10 secs then just air for 20 secs then cold again anf so on.. Not getting it when it is over 80 degrees.. now will have to take it back again next week to have them attempt another repair and to fix my shock sensor on my alarm they broke in this ordeal.. But at least my floor air is now working and the heat will now warm my feet.. Just in time for summer.. fortunatly is has been real cool here and AC not needed for now...

Sorry didn't mean to go off but they have had 3 attempt at this and still can't figure out why it won't stay blowing cool.

Answer to you q'tion is the blend air door is stuck (broken) in the defrost position.. There are 2 of them and have them replace both or you will doing what I am now,, going back and going back...

Quick Reply: AC Vents??