3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TRX4 On the job.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:04 AM
PhotoRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRX4 On the job.

Thanks for the compliments on the photo quality. It's my job so they better be good!

As far as the difference in features and it being a different ram or not. Isn't it the differences that make it different? I don't get it. Or is it the things that are the same that make it no different? Or does it even make any difference? Is there a point?

So far it's my favourite vehicle I've ever had. Lots of fun to drive. Doesn't turn heads as much as the Magnum which still got compliments right up to the week before the lease was up, even though it had 500 little scratches and scrapes which drove me crazy. Or turn heads like the Mustang which I got early on in 1995 right at the start of the complete redesign. Both the Magnum and the Mustang were hell to drive in the city. Great on smooth pavement or over the typical small bumps. Hit anything substantial and you might as well hit your spine with a sledgehammer. I bottomed both cars out more times then I can count.

It sure has a pile of power. It's funny to me, still, to not even pay atention to speed bumps. I've been offroad three times now in the few days I've had it and it has performed way better than I expected it. I won't be mud boggin or rock climbing with it. I'm a photographer by trade and look forward to getting to places I couldn't before.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:18 PM
thehemiman12345
All Star

ORIGINAL: PhotoRam

Thanks for the compliments on the photo quality. It's my job so they better be good!

As far as the difference in features and it being a different ram or not. Isn't it the differences that make it different? I don't get it. Or is it the things that are the same that make it no different? Or does it even make any difference? Is there a point?

So far it's my favourite vehicle I've ever had. Lots of fun to drive. Doesn't turn heads as much as the Magnum which still got compliments right up to the week before the lease was up, even though it had 500 little scratches and scrapes which drove me crazy. Or turn heads like the Mustang which I got early on in 1995 right at the start of the complete redesign. Both the Magnum and the Mustang were hell to drive in the city. Great on smooth pavement or over the typical small bumps. Hit anything substantial and you might as well hit your spine with a sledgehammer. I bottomed both cars out more times then I can count.

It sure has a pile of power. It's funny to me, still, to not even pay atention to speed bumps. I've been offroad three times now in the few days I've had it and it has performed way better than I expected it. I won't be mud boggin or rock climbing with it. I'm a photographer by trade and look forward to getting to places I couldn't before.
That explains why the pictures are so good.....post some more if you have the chance....

Old 05-23-2008, 04:05 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: PhotoRam

and I thought you were being sneaky w/ your username

Old 05-23-2008, 04:08 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

can't you get the powerwagon with a locking front diff??

Old 05-23-2008, 04:21 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: xfeejayx

Unless they've changed it in the last year or two, they are standard with both front & rear lockers.
Sad thing is, my Grand Cherokee Overland has them too. Plus Quadra-Drive II, the sucker will put 100% of the engines power to a single wheel with traction. You take away the ground clearance advantage my truck has, and the Grand Cherokee beats the crap out of it off-road, hands down...

Old 05-23-2008, 04:45 PM
a4twenty
Professional

i just noticed your Ontario plate, is that the Hamilton Hilton in the background of the first pic???

Old 05-23-2008, 06:45 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

ORIGINAL: xfeejayx

Unless they've changed it in the last year or two, they are standard with both front & rear lockers.
Sad thing is, my Grand Cherokee Overland has them too. Plus Quadra-Drive II, the sucker will put 100% of the engines power to a single wheel with traction. You take away the ground clearance advantage my truck has, and the Grand Cherokee beats the crap out of it off-road, hands down...
well that explains what makes a trx a trx now doesn't it?

of course the cherokee is better. that's what it's designed for. hell, their motto is "trail rated" but you can use the ram to pull 5 cherokees to the mountain, unhook it, and drive it up the mountin too.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:18 PM
PhotoRam
Rookie

ORIGINAL: a4twenty

i just noticed your Ontario plate, is that the Hamilton Hilton in the background of the first pic???
Sure is. You have a good eye. I hope you've only seen it from the outside

I waited until the contruction crew was gone for the day and drove up on the unfinished bridge for the pics just before sunset. All the time thinking my Magnum would have been toast trying to get there. There was fencing all around the site so I had to drive in the back route way.

Quick Reply: TRX4 On the job.