3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Poor Truck...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:54 PM
AZHemiChk
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor Truck...

My truck got broken into at my apartment complex last night. Actually, it was parked in direct view from the window in my room. Was about to go to the gym when I found it. They pried the door handles off both front doors and took out the key cylinder on the driver's side. Took my Pioneer deck, Sirius radio, paystubs, phone chargers, CDs and my bluetooth headset. Made a police report, filed a claim with insurance, etc. My insurance agent instructed me to take it straight to the body shop since anyone can open the door now. The body panels on both doors are pretty mangled. Thank god for full coverage insurance.

So I'm driving a 2008 Chevy Silverado crew cab from Enterprise for the next week or so. Nice ride, but I still like mine better. I've been upset all day...this is the first actually decent vehicle I've ever owned and someone had to go and ruin it.

Anybody recommend any specific car alarms? I had a Viper on my Saturn and I wasn't too impressed with it.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:44 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Poor Truck...

cars / trucks with power door locks are the best ones to break into, all you need is a coat hanger, than hit the unlock buton. I'm sorry to hear abought your truck, too manny dam lazy sob in this world have no clue how hard we work to pay for and up keep are rides..

Best of luck getting the Ram Fixed.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:54 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Id be willing to bet it was someone you know...every time i had a car jacked into, it turned out to be someone i knew. You dont randomly break into a vehicle and HOPE theres a nice aftermarket deck etc in it...Good luck getting it repaired timely and i hope the cops catch the SOBs!

Old 05-22-2008, 09:59 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

yea, thats some bull. fckers. too damn lazy to make themselves worth something the right way.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:02 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: semigod

Id be willing to bet it was someone you know...every time i had a car jacked into, it turned out to be someone i knew. You dont randomly break into a vehicle and HOPE theres a nice aftermarket deck etc in it...Good luck getting it repaired timely and i hope the cops catch the SOBs!
+1 Yup, girl next door got her car broke into twice over about a six month period. Both times parked not 20' away from my truck which had a shotgun in the rack and a .45 in the front. First time, it was the boyfriend of one of her college classmates, second time, it was her ex-boyfriend.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:24 PM
RAMIAM

When I bought mine I drove it back to my project site in Detroit and in less than a month it was stolen out of a sports bar parking lot in broad daylight. They actually got 2 rams at the same time. Took 2 weeks to get it back, all they got off the truck was wheels, tires, battery and stereo. No damage to the truck. They even left the full tank of gas. I wish you the best and hope they can fix it like new.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:40 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

I don't know if you have a "Car Toys" where you live, but I went in there not to long ago looking at alarms and they have one that when it is set off it will chime the handheld unit on your key chain so not only will it be loud at the car but you can get your GUN and go confront the SOB who is breaking into it!

Your insurance might even give you a discount if you get an alarm installed!

Good luck!

Old 05-23-2008, 12:10 AM
KKYW Ram 7
Rookie

Though extreme, I really Like the way you think....

Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned

Maybe not an alarm, but a good deterant: Big lift. Hard to work a coat hanger when you can barely reach the window. But really, that does suck. Send BigRiver a PM over in the CTD section. He just had a kickass system put in his truck that is nothing short of amazing.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:46 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Probably the first mod i put on my truck was a Viper Responder Alarm. It pages you anytime the alarm either goes off or gives a warning chirp and shows you on the remote what happened and which sensor was triggered. It works really nicely. I think I'd be more concerned with what information they could get off your paystub than anything though

Quick Reply: Poor Truck...