3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Poor Truck...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 10:47 AM
dreman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Poor Truck...

That must be why no one has ever broken into any of my trucks. Everybody I know knows how cheap I am! They must assume it wouldn't be worth the bother!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:38 AM
AZHemiChk
Rookie

Well, as soon as I get the truck back, there's gonna be some sort of security system put on it. I'm not going to have this happen again. What's funny is that Saturns are some of the easiest cars to break into and steal, and mine was never even touched. Even when I was constantly complimented on how clean and well-kept it was.

I'm definitely gonna get another 2-way remote. I called a few places around here, and they'll even do some two-for-one deals with the Chevy too.

Hey, at least my rental is decent.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:12 PM
RAMIAM

I hate to say it but if they want it they will get it. When my truck was stolen the sports bar got it on video and it only took 45-60 seconds tobreak the window, disable the alarm, pop the ignition, start it up and they were gone. I thought the chip in the key was supposed to stop them from being able to do that, guess not. Now I just try not to leave anything in the truck that insurance will not cover.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:39 PM
AZHemiChk
Rookie

Well, the claims adjustor called me today... In bodywork alone, it's $2k. Stereo, sirius and everything else is still up in the air. They will have the truck for at least 10 days. Ugh...

Quick Reply: Poor Truck...