3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

alarm sounds when using key to unlock

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 05:02 AM
tigman250
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm sounds when using key to unlock

on my 06 Hemi ram and my wifes 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee, if unlocking the doors with the key as soon as you open the door the alarm sounds......if unlocked with the remote there is no issues. is there something wrong with both vehicles or is this the way they are made? seems kind of foolish if they are made this way, but on the other hand i can't really see both vehicles having the exact same thing wrong with them....

Old 05-24-2008, 05:19 AM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator
Default RE: alarm sounds when using key to unlock

That's how mine is. I have a kill switch, too. So, even if I get in and put the key in I can't start the truck. You can get that modified, but I'm pretty sure that's how your system is set up. I have to watch the battery level on my fob. I got nailed with that about a month ago. Luckily, I was at work and we had a battery.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:55 PM
nbstriker10
Professional
Default RE: alarm sounds when using key to unlock

the remote (keyless entry) is what disarms the alarm... by putting the key into the lock to unlock it without disarming the system, makes the system think that the car is being broken into... its like that with maybe 95% of all keyless entry vehicles, and prob 99% of all aftermarket alarm systems...

Quick Reply: alarm sounds when using key to unlock