3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Beating the Dead horse

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 02:47 PM
anton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beating the Dead horse

hey guys, I read the thread on cranking the torsion bars to level the ride height but I don't think my year has them!!! Is the leveling block kits the only way to go???

Old 05-24-2008, 03:02 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker
Default RE: Beating the Dead horse

I am not sure if Short beds have them?? If You have an IFS truck you have torsion bars! Look under your truck at about the drivers or passangers door and you will see a long bar that goes all the way to the front suspension! You will see two bolts with the heads facing down! Those are the bolts you want to crank! If you have springs behind the front tire then you don't have torsion bars! but you can still do a front leveling kit!

This is what you need

http://store.topguncustomz.com/store...mp;i=232994916

Old 05-24-2008, 03:04 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You are correct, torsion bars were used on '02-'05 1500 4x4's. D'Nitto is not correct, he has them, I have them, you don't. You have coil overs.
You do not want "blocks" they are used on the rear leaf springs, which would make your truck even more un-level. You want to use coil spacers or spindles. A really good setup is the Rancho QuickLift, a little more money than spacers, but a lot more off-road worthy...

Old 05-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator

[sm=deadhorse.gif]

Quick Reply: Beating the Dead horse