3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Amazing Truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Beastmaker
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing Truck

Has anyone else had a situation like this:
Been in here a little bit now, Bought my truck this past June-July. Well going into a military post you have to cross through a check point (stop show your ID then proceed), two months after I bought this truck, I had just switched vehicles and gave the wife back her Mustang (I had changed the oil for her that day) and I was headed on post with my truck to buy some groceries. Sitting in line waiting for my turn to show my ID - Bang![:@]. Some "individual" apparently failed to realize it was time to stop and hit me from behind. Truck lurched forward some - but really didn't move the tires. I could see in the rearview that it was something small. Got out to look at the damage to my brand new truck. Walked back and there sits a red Honda Civic. Looked around - Not one scratch on my truck - that little peice of foreign garbage was so small and low it hit the Tow hitch (which put a nice square dent in the nose of it), the honda license plate was on the ground and it's nose was smushed in some. And not a scratch (just speckles of red paint on the tailgate). Pretty nice, solid truck. Have to say I was impressed with it.

Old 01-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Amazing Truck

I hope they all hold up like that............

Old 01-16-2005, 11:31 PM
ce2flaco
Veteran

Had mine airborn a time or two. Besides crap flying all over the cab, no damage at all. I agree, very tuff so far.

TUFF

Old 01-16-2005, 11:41 PM
Deviousin10tions
Professional

yuppers had a Titan run right into me here at Ft Hood, only thing it did to me was ding the bumper and broke a lug screwed up the Titan though, funny a truck made of plastic doesn't hold up against steel.

Old 01-17-2005, 09:29 AM
moparmania
Veteran

well it hasnt happened yet but i tell ya it crosses my mind every morning while heading for the gates i even put my ball back on the reciever just in case. lol

Old 02-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Intense-Dakota

after buying my truck, I was able to enjoy it for 3 whole days before I got hit head on by a lady going 50mph's in the wrong lane. Needless to say her car was complely totaled, it bent the frame on my 03 Ram and caused quite a bit of front end damage, however, my wife and I both walked away with no injuries and the other two people got rushed to the hospital with multiple injuries. After replacing the frame and just about the whole front end, the truck is good as new.. Even better, I have the SRT/10 front clip.

Quick Reply: Amazing Truck