3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2nd water leak ..... WTF

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:29 AM
usnfirefighter
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd water leak ..... WTF

Ok I have a 2007 Dodge Ram Q/C. Well I have my 2nd water leak somewhere on the back window. I just wanted to seee if anyone else has had this problem. Supposibly it was fixed at the dealaer once before. But this is gettin redicoulous. Oh not to mention I also have a 2007 Nitro that had a leak also. Has Dodge just gone to $hit on their quality?????

Old 05-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: @nd water leak ..... WTF

I had a water leak in mine, but it was fixed a month after i bought the truck and I have had no trouble since. Mine was at the seam below the back window, I guess the robot was havin a bad day that day or something because there was a gap in the sealant about 2 inches long directly at the top of the seam. They pulled the bed and resealed it, no water leaks at all since!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:10 AM
usnfirefighter
Professional
Default RE: 2nd water leak ..... WTF

The first time mine was leaking in the overhead by the back window on the drivers side. Now it seems to be leaking in the center. Normally i would be like ok. i understand things happen, but like i was saying i have a dodge nitro.lets just say i ended up with colse to 3 inches of water on the passenger floor mat. I was kinda ticked off...... one leak is understandable, but 2 new vehicles, and 3 water leaks... WTF!!!! I called dodge to complain, but that is probably pointless..... they said they cant guarentee that i will get a response back...... I have owned many dodge vehicles in the past and that's why I went with them again. I love their products, but I think I might re-consider next time.... If this is the quality I have to look forward to, then I think Ford might be my last hope... (I hate to say something like that.....) It seems Car and truck manufactors just don't have to quality that they use to.....

Old 05-29-2008, 06:32 PM
daytona1680
Veteran

I have water coming in from somewhere on my back window also and cant seem to find out where its coming from. Weird thing is it dosnt always leak in when it rains, or I wash the truck.It seems like dodges has been having some quality problems with the newer vehicles, I hope they soon get their heads out of their asses.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:37 PM
electricmarquis@yaho

My 2007 leaked rain water into the passenger pillar. Just got it fixed. Well see when it rains.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:20 PM
darkrt
Professional

ORIGINAL: daytona1680

I have water coming in from somewhere on my back window also and cant seem to find out where its coming from. Weird thing is it dosnt always leak in when it rains, or I wash the truck.It seems like dodges has been having some quality problems with the newer vehicles, I hope they soon get their heads out of their asses.
Water getting in around the third brake light is common.Might look at that.

Quick Reply: 2nd water leak ..... WTF