3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

p2305

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 11:18 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p2305

04 Hemi she threw me a code this weekend. pulled out the SC FP and it's p2305, something about ignition coil B seco...cute off.

can't really tell if there is too much difference in any performance aspect. no sputtering or any of that stuff. i might have lost some mpg as it was only getting 17-18. it usually does 18-20 than that on the highway, and it should be higher still since i just put it on performance tune with the SC on friday with 93 octane.

buddy driving behind me noticed it was running rich at shifts, but a heavy foot and the performance tune with the superchips might do that?

any ideas? thanks guys

Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: p2305

I had the same issue when I first installed my SC about two and a half years ago, got on the SC forum and asked about it. Of course SC came back with "Never saw that before, can't be our tuner" and advised me to check all the wires on the plugs.

Before I could get a chance to do that about ten guys, all with '04 Hemi's told me they had the same issue. Supposedly it's a glitch with the Superchips. Evidently there were two different PCM's used on the '04s and if you have one of them this glitch shows up and pops a code. Was advised to clear it. Must be right because the code never pops again after clearing it. Every once in a while, if I update the Flashpaq and re-flash my truck, the same error will pop within a day or so. So in 2.5 years, it's popped up on me three times, and always just after flashing it.
So basically, use the SC to clear the code and don't worry about it...

Old 06-02-2008, 06:34 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

you're my hero.
i figured it would be something like that. i'm seeing/feeling a lot of stuff with the SC that seems a bit unrefined. but i'm worried cuz i cleared it saturday night and it popped up sunday morning. hopefully it won't come back again.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:20 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

the code came back yesterday. anyone have an issue where it doesn't just stay gone like hammer said?

Old 06-07-2008, 12:47 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

just a heads up to 04' owners, this code came back a third time. worked for hammer, not working for me.

if it pops up one more time, SC is getting pulled, which will likely happen.

Quick Reply: p2305