3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

step bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:26 PM
irelandshemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default step bars

sooo a kid thought he would be funny and rock my truck back and fourth and jumped on my nerf bar and now its loose, so im wondering when i look at them theres two main bolts that go into something on the frame, can i just unscrew them and put the bolt back in or how do i remove them, when i get the new set put on im gunna get some skinnier friends

Old 06-11-2008, 03:09 PM
RamItOne
Default RE: step bars

Is your truck stock height?
why do you need steps at all?
I've always thought it looked funny seeing nerd bars on stock height trucks, esp 2wd trucks.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:25 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

depends on what bars you got. you should just be able to tighten the bolts if it is loose at the mounts. if he broke the welds...eerr, how big was he?

Old 06-11-2008, 03:28 PM
irelandshemi
All Star

its stock height, there the westin bars, and we got them for my dad becuaes he had cancer and couldnt get in and out easily and he wasnt about to give up his ram for a car and i got the 4x4

Old 06-11-2008, 08:27 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disregard what Ramitone says about stock height and steps, he busts everyones chops on that. He gets on 2 wheel drive lifts too..LOL!!!! He doesn't understand that some of us have really small relatives (my wife is 5'1" and my 2 yr old son loves to climb in and needs the steps). You will get many chances to get him back for all the future torture he will put you through...LOL!!!

Quick Reply: step bars