3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

"NO Bus" Message,, Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Alaska700
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "NO Bus" Message,, Help

I just put in a new stereo,, and now all my gauges are not working and it Says "NO bus" where the odometer is.

I have looked around, I havent seen any wires not connected.

Any ideas??? Thanks

Old 06-23-2008, 05:10 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "NO Bus" Message,, Help

The BUS is the digital data communication system that connects the powertrain controller, transmission controller, body computer, anti-lock brake, indstrument cluster, etc systems together to share information needed to run the vehicle. Because there is no number associated with the "no bus", I can't be sure exactly what is wrong with that system. Usually there should be a 4-digit number as the fault code, not just a "no bus". I would suggest that you go to either an Autozone Parts store to get a readout using a code reader, or to a shop to have the readout of the bus system. Autozone will often do the readout for free. If you get a 4 digit number of another message let me know what it is. I suspect that because the engine shuts down that the engine (powertrain) controller has failed as regards its ability to send/receive data necessary to run the vehicle. But a regular readout with a code reader is probably your best action.
Roland

Quick Reply: "NO Bus" Message,, Help