3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

7 Month Review Of the BakFlip G2 Tonneau

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008 | 05:57 PM
bwhite757
|
All Star
Default 7 Month Review Of the BakFlip G2 Tonneau

This question came up on another forum, just thought I'd give my 2 cents on it over here...

After Bak's flop with their Gen 1 tonneau they made the new Gen 2's. I'm happy to say that I'm still very happy with my Bakflip G2. I live in SC, where the Sun and heat have been brutal the last couple of months, and I don't garage my truck so the cover has been out in the sun for the entire times it's been on my truck. I'm happy to say, that as of now there has been no fading, warping, or cracking with the rubber, and the weather seals are still holding, my bed stays bone dry in rain storms. I open and close my cover constantly to get in and out of my truck bed, pretty much everyday. So my cover does get used quite a bit.

The only things I've noticed are a couple of spots that the paint has been rubbed off, and the rubber strip on the side rails that the cover sits on is wearing out from me constantly opening and closing the cover, however I haven't seen any ill effects b/c of this. The latches are still working perfectly, unlocks/locks without any problem. Overall I'm very happy with this cover. I don't baby it. I slam it shut, and stack stuff on top of it all the time, not to mention using it for a bench at tail gate parties. Would I still reccomend this to a friend? In a heart beat. As hard as I am on it, and it's still going strong, speaks a lot for it's durability.

Here's some pics I snapped last night:

Old 03-01-2009 | 02:22 PM
mxzrevman
Professional

i am thinking hard about getting this cover
is it still holding up ok?
anyone else have one?
or have anything bad to say about it?

Quick Reply: 7 Month Review Of the BakFlip G2 Tonneau