3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tire size compramise

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:01 PM
GLOK1132
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tire size compramise

I'm also thinking about buying those same tires. So 305/55/20 will fit on a stock 4x4 without rubbing. My question is how well do the Cooper Zeon LTZ's perform on and off-road. My truck is a daily driver, but i daily drive on farm roads and i need a tire that gets good traction off-road and good mileage. so any imput on the tires themselves would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:25 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: tire size compramise

On road they're great many times better than the OEM tires. I don't offroad so I couldn't tell you how they perform "on the trail." I bought these so if I need to use my truck as a truck, it can do it. The stock tires would probably have gotten stuck in my front lawn, much less anything more demanding.

My mileage hasn't changed a bit from stock 9.5 mpg in town, 15 on the highway. It's a 6k lb truck and I have a heavy foot.

They are freakin' wide. I'd suggest fender flares, which I plan to add once I get the cash. I just dropped $5k under the hood of my Subaru so it may be a while (but the Subaru will see over 400whp so that's cool).

Quick Reply: tire size compramise