3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ringing noise?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Assifer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ringing noise?

Hi! I drive a Dodge Ram 1500 2002 (New body style). Recently a ringing bell noise seems to come on for no apprent reason. The ringing sound is exactly likewheneither your gas light comes on or other engine problems. The engine light is not on, and no other warning lights go on when the ringing sound happens.Everything seems perfectly fine as far as driving.I'm not sure whats causing it to ring. Any issues and things I should look at? I had the trucked serviced 3 months ago for fluid change, inspection...etc. Its been happening alot lately and just started 3 days ago. like ever 20 seconds the sound would come on. This has never happened before and I know its not the seatbelt warning. I dont want to take it in for a check up if I know its something minor and I can fix it. Please let me know if you guys have any idea.

Thanks.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Redbud66
Professional
Default RE: Ringing noise?

prolly a stupid question, but did you check to see if it was flashing anything on the odometer, I know when mine is low on washer fluid or some minor crap like that it dings and puts a message up there for a few seconds before going back to temperature.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:26 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Default RE: Ringing noise?

maybe the last mechanic left his cell phone in your truck? or he was sleepin in it and forgot his alarm clock... LOL

Quick Reply: Ringing noise?