3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

newbie here...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 08:03 AM
djnwc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie here...

Hello all I have been looking here a while...now I have a couple questions....First....I have an 06 ram qc sport....I have a flowmaster super 40....it sounds ok but no great...not near loude enough for me I dont want to use a cut out but I want it louder.....what should I use....I removed the rear resanator...my buddy has an 03 ram qc witha cheap vortex muffler and his sounds 10x better I can hear his over mine with my windows up....and it sounds wayyyyyyyyy meaner.....is it the MDS that makes our trucks not very loud....my buddy has a hemi tooo the first year they came out so maybe its an 04 whatever....what do I need to do to get a mean sound that turns heads without a cut out....second what are the bulb numbers I need to get for a 06 ram .......silverstars thanks in advance....

Old 07-02-2008, 08:11 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: newbie here...

On the exhaust, yes your MDS will hurt your sound at cruising speeds. Another problem is yes the Flows aren't the best for sound. Flowmaster makes a good product cheap and that is why they are one of the top sellers. If you want sound and money really isn't that much of a problem, look at the Corsa or the Borla exhaust. Something alittle cheaper that sounds real good is the Magnaflow set up. All these sound better than the Flowmasters, however you will still have a crappy sound when the MDS kicks on and there is nothing that you can do about it.

As for the bulbs, I don't have those numbers right now, but I will look for them later and post them up if noone else has chimed in before then.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

For loud with a great tone it's hard to beat a Cherry Bomb, their motto is "Disturbing the peace since 1968". I had their classic Glass Packs on a '73 Nova SS I had when I got my license in the mid 80s. Awesome sound. Their "Extreme" is favored by many who want a traditional muffler design with crazy sound.
Personally, when my Flowmaster 50HD is ready for the scrap yard, I'm opting for the Cherry Bomb Vortex, not as crazy loud as the "Exreme" or "Glass Packs" but a good bit louder than my current muffler. The Vortex will be about right for me as I ain't as young as I used to be...

Old 07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
mmstar23
Champion

im about ready to get rid of my SI/SO 40 series flowmaster and get a SI/DO cherry bomb vortex. i hear its just as mean, but louder....which i want...LOUDER.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
djnwc

thanks guys....I have been thinking about the cherry bomb.....its hard to tell by the sound clips but I guess it does sound louder than the super si/do 40 I have now...I want it to scare people when I start it up....; } .....As for the borla does anyone run a stinger???? My buddy has a mustang with dual stingers and an x pipe....alll I can say is WOW I can hear him start it and I live 1/8 of a mile away.....thats what I want.....this site is awesome not to jump arpond but what is the easiest way to shrink a pic...I tried to put some on and it said they were tooo big....Later

Old 07-02-2008, 05:04 PM
djnwc

a pic of my rig

[IMG]local://upfiles/88470/D73116C34AEF41BF8CCF38276BFA15CD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-02-2008, 05:05 PM
djnwc

new 22s on they way should be on next week.....

Old 07-02-2008, 05:24 PM
mmstar23
Champion

why are there flower petals on an 06?

Old 07-02-2008, 05:44 PM
djnwc

I traded them for my stockers it was 2 much silver...I like chrome plus I got my new 22s on the way....

Old 07-02-2008, 08:45 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If you truly want to scare people then the Cherry Bomb Extreme is the ticket. Loudest, meanest muffler I've ever heard...

Quick Reply: newbie here...