3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tmr mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 07:26 PM
akschult
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tmr mod

I posted this in the general dodge forum but thought I would put it here too. I know this may be an old subject, but I am new here and wondering about this. Anyone who has done it, what can you tell me about it? Has anyone had any problems to this point, and if so how bad. I have researched the topic but still have questions about it. Any information would be appreciated.
I also wondered if anybody has done before and after dyno runs with some of the more popular mods like air intakes, chips, programmers, exhaust, others. Thanks in advance for all your knowledge.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain
Default RE: tmr mod

what's a tmr mod ?

Old 01-28-2005, 04:11 PM
akschult

The computer sends a signal to the tranny when shifting called the torque management request to limit the torque, hense the the sloppy shift. By pulling a wire on the 03 hemi ram you can get crisper shifts, but what I was wondering are about the effects on the tranny.

Old 01-28-2005, 04:50 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've heard that it can screw-up the tranny after some time because of the added torque at low RPM's, but that's just what I've read. If you have problems with the truck and take it in for work and the service tech sees that you have messed with the harness, you could be in for a hard time when trying to get repairs.

There was a tech here at one point and he told people straight up that they would deny warranty on the grounds that you've messed with the truck's control systems. This is a different situation than adding bolt-ons too in case someone wants to bring that excuse to the table.

Personally, I don't think it's such a great idea to screw with this. The effects of the TMR are only at low RPM's from what I understand and should help you with traction.

Good luck.