3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'02 Ram; Head/Turn/Stop Lamps always on

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 11:08 AM
darthane
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 Ram; Head/Turn/Stop Lamps always on

Hello,

Trying to get a good idea of what the problem is before going to a dealer.

The truck has been stored for 8 straight months. At some point during this span, the battery died completely. I just replaced it and am getting the truck back into shape to be sold. It started right up, but most of my exterior lighting is staying on as long as the truck is in run (doesn't have to be running, just keyed to run).

There are no electrical modifications to the truck, no fuses are blown, the relays are fine, and I can find no evidence anywhere of any damaged wiring (such as from rodents).

The truck does respond to user input - if I turn on the high beams, the indicator comes on. Turning on the parking lamps will get you the key in ignition chime (if the door's open). Turn signal indicators work (normal flash rate). The lighting situation itself does NOT change, however.

It seems to me as though whatever module controls the exterior lighting has 'lost' itself due to extended power loss and resorted to an all-on configuration as a safety feature. Does anyone know if such a scenario is possible? All the dealerships are closed for the weekend (and they'd likely be less than helpful over the phone in any event).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bryan

Old 07-20-2008, 10:07 AM
darthane
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '02 Ram; Head/Turn/Stop Lamps always on

Bump - anyone ever come across something similar?

Quick Reply: '02 Ram; Head/Turn/Stop Lamps always on