3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ram versions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ram versions

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

big horn and thunderroad are really just a package you get that has a bunch of options taht are fairly popular. ie fog lights, infinity sound, 20" wheels and others. no real difference between a thunderroad, big horn or an SLT with the same options added. other than the sweet badging. not knocking htem tho they are great trucks.
And the TRX4 Came with "special" red shocks... skid plates and tow hooks...

Old 07-29-2008, 12:57 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

My thunder road has
20's
skid plates
tow hooks
upgraded alt
upgraded trans cooler
power seat
sliding rear window
chrome grill
chrome inserts
chrome bug guard

Old 07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
sos
All Star

The Big Horn and Thunder Road do come from the factory, and if you look in the Ram pamphlet they have at the dealers it explains them. Basically people in here are right though, they just package a bunch of the popular options and slap a special badge on it. According to the pamphlet, Big Horn comes with all the SLT options, plus chrome billet grille, fog lamps, 20-inch cast aluminum wheels on 1500, 17-inch cast aluminum wheels on HDs. From what I have heard, the Thunder Road is the same thing, just sold in different areas of the country. When I was searching for my truck, a lot of the ones the dealers had on the lots were Big Horn (I purchased mine in NH).

Quick Reply: ram versions