3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Wire and Gears

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:37 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by derricksmash
yea...air ram...you need to supercharge one of our beasts.

you have a 10day deadline.
Send us your engine and we will get started. ARP Main & Head studs/ Race prepped CNC Ported heads/10.5:1cr Ross Pistons w SCAT H-beam Rods. Toss on a 200 shot of nitrous and the HEMI GUY's will be watching you get smaller and smaller as you pull away.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 08-12-2008, 07:39 PM
7mmmag1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About how much?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:26 AM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 7mmmag1
About how much?
A good guesstimate would be about 1/4 less then the 4.7L prices. If you price up the 4.7L parts...a 3.7L would cost 1/4 less.

I would have to sit down and do the math but if you head over to our site, price up the rods + pistons + heads + Bolts and what ever else you where wanting, then subtract 25% you would have a ball part price. Of course that's for parts only.

Until we get a 3.7L in our hands and brake it down, we will not know for sure what Rods/Pistons it will take... we have our fingers crossed that they are the same as the 4.7L... that would be great for YOU and ME.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Last edited by AIR RAM; 08-13-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:00 PM
bchap05
Professional

I'll back up Air Ram on that, I like my Powerwire and it was worth the 50. I can notice a difference between driving with or without it. It doesn't make you quicker as proven by derricksmash but I like how the truck responds better with it. I hope you guys stay with that turbo thing. I don't have the money to do something like that now but might be pretty interested later as I plan on keeping my truck for quite awhile.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:07 PM
edk2002

ha ha are you serious dude my sxt came witha limited slip

Old 09-15-2008, 12:47 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

Originally Posted by AIR RAM
A good guesstimate would be about 1/4 less then the 4.7L prices. If you price up the 4.7L parts...a 3.7L would cost 1/4 less.

I would have to sit down and do the math but if you head over to our site, price up the rods + pistons + heads + Bolts and what ever else you where wanting, then subtract 25% you would have a ball part price. Of course that's for parts only.

Until we get a 3.7L in our hands and brake it down, we will not know for sure what Rods/Pistons it will take... we have our fingers crossed that they are the same as the 4.7L... that would be great for YOU and ME.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
soo....yea. what would that cost? (give or take $1000) my z28 has been in the shop for 2 or 3 weeks now...it's gonna cost a bunch (UGH!!). Then i need to throw it into storage. i just picked up a last generation buick regal gs to drive through winter. i throw the vette, z28, maxima and probably my truck into storage. so, i could drive this beater through chicago winters. maybe shipping u a crate or driving my truck out to you would be a good thing for me to sleep on this winter. i'm being 100% serious too.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:50 PM
marv02
Captain

Kenny Bell made a Super Charger Kit For the 3.7 V-6 I heard the motors in stock form could not hold up it would destroy piston top ring something like there was not enough ring land area and needed better rods and main cap bolts ECT.

I know most of you Love you'er trucks but are you better just trade in for a stock truck that puts out more H/P that will get about or better MPG as you'r 3.7 after you dump all that money in to it and what I have found over the years a highly modified motor don't last and most of you'r reliablity is gone, and now you have to beff up the trans and rear end for the extra power you just put in to you'r truck Money Money Money after all said and done you could of have you'r self a Hemi and more by then.

Quick Reply: Power Wire and Gears