3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08 Ram 1500 SXT 2wd Leveling Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:05 PM
TheBaker
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a link that has pictures of the 4''/1'' CST lift.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4%22-...31010011r26160

As you can see, the nose is a bit higher than the rear. Many people just get a 2'' block for the rear opposed the 1'' block the kit comes with. But the kit is 800$ and about 50$ for the extra blocks and depending on what size u-bolts the k it came with for the 1'' block, you may need new u-bolts. Another $50. Then of course the installation cost...
It's not worth 1500$ for that little of a lift for me since I'm not going to do any hardcore offroading. So i'm just going to get a 3'' Performance accessories body lift, this lift is uniform, meaning +3'' in the front and +3'' in the back. Plus my 1.5'' spacer, i'll ahve a 5''/3'' lift. The 1.5'' spacer really lifted mine about 1.85 inches, so i just say 2''. THe body lift only runs about 350$ for parts and i'm getting a local shop to install for $275. That is a little cheaper than normal, the average installation price i've seen is about 400.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Shandy

Do you think the 3" PA body lift would look good without the 1.5" spacer? It looks like you and I are looking for the exact same thing here. Sounds like a good plan you've got going. Why do the 2008 2wd's have to be so difficult?

I read that the brake lines will have to be replaced if it is raised over 2'? Is that true? What other components will have to be modified to accomodate a 3" body lift (with possible 1.5" spacer)? Can you keep the stock tires/17's for now? Or will the tires have to be replaced immediately with aftermarket ones?

When are you going to be doing your lift? I'm anxious to see how everything turns out. I'll let you experiment first.... ;-)

Last edited by Shandy; 11-26-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:09 PM
TheBaker
Professional

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/showthr...ight=body+lift
that's tnt1036, he did a body lift without any sort of leveling kit. It looks pretty nice, however if it were me, I'd level it out. And that picture should answer the question about the stock tires since he's using them. There is nothing wrong with using the stock rims and tires.

I'm not completely sure about the brake lines, they may need to be extended. I do know that if it needs an extension the kit should come with it. Performance Accessories is famous for being a very good kit that always comes with everything. And that should be the only component that would need to be modified if it even needs it. Seeing as the body lift is only spacers between the frame and body, no suspension componets are lifted.

I'll be doing my body lift in about a month, during the Christmas break and such. I'll post pics as soon as i do get it done. I'm also probably gonna do new rims on tires, 325/65/18 terra grapplers on 18'' helos. But that might be shortly after the lift, not immediately.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Shandy

You are very helpful, thanks for all the ideas and info!

I can't wait for you to get your lift!!

What is a 325 tire - is that a 35? Those sizes confuse me sometimes...

Old 11-26-2008, 07:13 PM
TheBaker
Professional

No problem.

And the 325/65/18 is a 35''. I agree, the sizings are confusing, so I just google "tire size calculator" and plug in the metric measurments and it gives me the size!

Quick Reply: 08 Ram 1500 SXT 2wd Leveling Kit?