3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08 Ram 1500 SXT 2wd Leveling Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Tiburon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Ram 1500 SXT 2wd Leveling Kit?

I'm looking to level my front end 1.5"-2.0" but I cannot find kits for 08 1500's! I dont want to insert spacers into my coils. Anyone know where I can look?

-Tiburon

Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
TexasRam01
Rookie

Hey Tiburon,

Go to 4 wheel parts and get one of their catalogs. Or www.fourwheelparts.com

Daystar makes a 1", 1.5" and a 2.5" kit. They also make a 2.5"/1.5" (front rear) level kit that will fit a 305 tire nicely.

I'm not a rep, I just happen to be looking at doing the same thing here in about a month.

The front depending on your truck is either a coil spacer, or if its like mine, its a strut spacer (which will allow you to keep OEM shocks). The rear is a block. The kits themselves run from 130 to 160. You will probably looking at about 400 installed and aligned.

Hope that helps,
Tex

Old 08-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Tiburon

Man, I can't find ANY leveling kits for my year/model ram. NOTHING!. All I'm looking for is 2" front. The big problem is the fact that its a '08- 2wd!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Matt99
Champion

seriously....i am having alot of problems just like you! someone find a kit

Old 08-26-2008, 12:40 PM
TexasRam01
Rookie

Your only bet is to look at fabtec. They may have a drop spindle or something of that sort. Other than that, the smallest "lift" I have seen for our trucks is a 6" from pro-comp. Best bet is to go with a strut spacer.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Tiburon

http://www.fatbobsgarage.com/cart/pr...17166-169.html

I found this 2" on Fat Bob's Garage website but it has an asterisk and below is says
"Note: In some instances the 2" spacer will not work on 2007-2008 Ram 1500, 1.5" spacers or new springs or new spindles are a better option for these trucks."

What would I have to do to make this kit work for mine? I'm trying to learn about all this suspension stuff, etc. I think I'd need new brake lines (longer). Is this correct?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:29 AM
TexasRam01
Rookie

I have been trying to get educated on this myself. There are two types of "spacer lifts". One is a strut spacer and the other is a coil spacer. If your truck has the strut and towers, you will be able to use a strut spacer. This will allow you to keep your OEM shocks. You should not have to add to or replace your brake lines. The coil spacer, you will need a new set of shocks. You probably wont need new brake lines as it is only two inches. I think normally until you get up to 4" or bigger, you can get enough slack.

I have not been able to find any spindles yet. I think you may be able to use Rancho's coil over lift kit, may take some fitting.

I am told that Rough Country may be coming out with a lift for our trucks in about 2-3 more months. I think its going to be about a 3 inch lift that will level. This will probably be spindles in front, blocks in rear.

I think I'm still going with the strut spacer. I will probably go with an after market shock, but definately not the ES3000. If you do that kit from fat bob, I would definately recommend getting with Pro Comp direct and trying to upgrade the shocks to at least the ES9000. I just want to keep my suspension geometry relatively close to stock. Let me know if you find anything else.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Shandy

Sorry for the old thread resurrection. I called Rough Country... No kit available. They recommended I call Fabtech. Called them - They recommended Daystar. I found this on the website:

http://www.daystarweb.com/productdet...p?productID=11

Being new to owning a Dodge truck, I was wondering your opinions of this kit? Why would this one work and not this one:

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/share...t=products.asp

It says they may not work in some instances...

*confused*

Has anyone done a leveling kit to their 2008 4.7L 2WD 1500 yet?

This forum is really helpful, thanks to everyone.

-Shan

Old 11-25-2008, 07:10 PM
TheBaker
Professional

I almost bought the 2'' on fatbobsgarage, however I physically went to a 4wheelparts.com store in the area and they said it will not work. Control arms will smack and get all screwed up. So i went with the 1.5'' leveling coil spring spacer from daystar. 1.5'' clearly does not completely level it. I wish they had a 2.5'' spacer but they don't make one for our models. BTW i've got an 08 2wd. Like these guys have said, there are lifts to get level, like CST makes a 4'' and 7'' suspension lift for the 08 2wd, the 4'' lifting the front 4'' and rear 1'', basically the same as the Kore lift kit. But i did hours of research trying to find more than a 1.5'' spacer for my truck and I couldn't find anything.

Here is a pic of my truck with the 1.5'' spacer.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Shandy

Very helpful post! Thx! I would love to see a picture of the 4"/1" setup. You know of anyone who has that? And then again there's always the question of the damn warranty.... :-/

Quick Reply: 08 Ram 1500 SXT 2wd Leveling Kit?