3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram body lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:05 PM
bigfellazinc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram body lift

I came across a cheap brand new 3" body lift its for an 03-05 ram 1500 I have and 06 ram 1500. I need to know will this fit my truck. If not what will it take to make it fit my truck. What are the differences in the two kits. Its a performance lift kit. If that helps. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Aaron

Old 08-06-2008, 08:20 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

a buddy of mine that works for procomp says that they are the same thing,there might be subtile differences but anybodythat has done any kind thing like this before or worked on a truck before should be able to work around them and make them work.....if **** a suspention lift kit..........your out of luck sorry there too different

Old 08-06-2008, 08:30 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well PA's website says their '02-'05 kit WILL NOT work on '06-'08 Ram 1500s. But that could just be that it's not as "plug & play". I know the front bumper bracket are different, but again, an experienced installer would be used to fabrications. The right kit is readily available just about anywhere for under $350. If you can get the other kit at enough off to justify any problems/modifications that may need to be made, go for it...

Old 08-07-2008, 07:57 AM
bigfellazinc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I have some mechanical skills. But fas far as the truck this will be the first thing I have done on it. I have put lifts on jeeps so as long as I can figure it out I will probly go for it. The kits costs $60 so I figure its not to much out of my pocket if it doesnt work. I will probly try calling performance lifts.

Quick Reply: Ram body lift