3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Removing 2003 quad cab kick panels

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Mancunian
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing 2003 quad cab kick panels

I am running wires from my new head unit to the XM receiver I will install under the rear seat. Can someone tell me how to remove the plastic panels that run from by the glovebox, along the drivers door opening to the back door opening? I figure they must pry out but if I know where the clips are I stand a better chance of removing them without damage
Steve

Old 08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, to pull off the kick pannel you need to pull straight out from the wall (bottom of the "A" pillar). I found this easier after pulling the trim piece that is along the door opening from the "A" pillar to the "B" pillar. Maybe just because it was one thing I did not have to look at. To do this, just pull straight up. I never have been able to successfully pull the covering off the B pillar. I always feel like I will break it. But if you are running the attenna for the XM, don't bother pulling off the kick pannel or the trim on the b pillar, you can just feed it down from the top and pull your running end through the bottom (actually easier to go from the back of the truck forward). You only need to pull up the trim pieces along the floor to hide the wire and keep it protected. If you are looking to feed the attenna through your third breaklight (which I did) make sure you silicone the crap out of it so it doesn't leak (I made the mistake of going light on the silicone my first try). Good luck.

Quick Reply: Removing 2003 quad cab kick panels