3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mileage Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009 | 12:18 AM
Torqued
Default Fuel economy

Quit rescuing stuck Fords,Chevys and GMCs!

Old 01-04-2009 | 09:52 AM
froto'sride
Professional

Stay away from bosch dual platinums..they burn too hot and suck gas stick with copper plugs..

Zmax...I never advertise for additives but I have noticed a huge diffrence since i started using it. Next Im putting it in the jeep and bike.

Stay away from the cruise control unless you are driving on perfectly flat roads. Take hills like a semi..fast down without denting the floor and slow up.

full synthetic...

Old 01-04-2009 | 10:56 AM
seawind3000
Professional

Your "foot" is probably the biggest factor in your mpgs. If your easy on your starts and ease up on the gas long before your next stop so the brake use is minimal, you will be surprised at the change. It is amazing how far your truck will travel when you lift your foot off the gas well back from the next stop sign. You pay for the gas when you accelerate, you waste what you paid for when you hit the brake.
On a 50 mph back road I actually did 52 mph with the cruise on and got 26.8 mpg (distance over miles driven) not the overhead readout. 52 mph sucks but I liked the mileage. LOL. If I didn't use the cruise and let her build speed down hill and bleed off speed up hill, I could have gotten better mpgs. Next time I do that run I'll try it.

Quick Reply: Mileage Tips and Tricks