3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MyGig Installed in 08 Megacab

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:37 PM
tarheel3559
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toastedoat
So let me ask, did you have Nav and/or Sirius before and you had to replace/rerun the wires to the antennas for both, or are both of them new features entireley in the truck? Also, did you have to get any ECM reprogramming or tuning done at all (not sure if it cares about the radio or vice-versa, but I know mine has those stupid service reminders, so it must get that from somewhere)... My '07 Mega has both Sirius & Nav already in it and I'm just wondering how big of a swap this would really be..

Sean
I did have Sirius but not the REC in my truck. The GPS antenna will have to be replaced regardless of if you have the REC currently or not. It is a completely different connector on the end of the antenna going into the MyGig. As for the Sirius, it is the same connector on the end of the antenna but the cable is not long enough so you have to purchase an extension cable to make the wire connect to the back of the MyGig. The antenna from the factory goes to a tuner and then it is hooked into the radio via the 10 pin connector on the back of your radio. The MyGig does not utilize the 10 pin connector so it is not hooked into the MyGig.

I did not have to have the ECM or PCM reflashed for the MyGig. At least in my case, the truck did not care that the radio was gone.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:49 AM
rayeclarke
Default Installation

That is really great! I was wondering if a MyGig would fit and now you've proved it will. Did the mountings line up exactly or did you have to fabricate a bracket? You must have it all connected now. Do you like it? What did you use to cover the gaps? I'm glad to see that it can be done! Thanks for blazing the trail.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:59 AM
adam1

Originally Posted by tarheel3559
I paid $525 for the MyGig on Ebay, $289 for the MyGig Adapter and then she was up and running. I also have a MyGig "U-connect Mic" on the way and a Rear Backup Cam that I'm going to be installing as soon as they arrive. I preordered the Adapter so they included the Multimedia cable for free however to run a backup cam with the Adapter you need to get that kit and total its $325.
Your system is looking great! Once you cover up the little gap it will look perfect!

Once I get my truck I want to also make my own nav system and put a backup camera.

My question is, how is it possible to hook up a backup camera in back and be able to have the cords running inside the car itself??? I am sure it has to be possible somehow, but do you have any idea how to do it????

Thanks!

Old 09-23-2008, 04:11 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker
Default Install Kit

You should order the install kit/adapter from Crutchfield. They have one for Dodge to install a double-DIN receiver. That should work for you as well. Probably run about $20 or so.....definitely worth it.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:27 PM
ninja4077

I think I hate you. I was completely happy with my truck, but now I HAVE to have that. Now I have to try to get the wife to buy it for my birthday.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Geed
Rookie

Wow, that is great! I didn't even know they had something like this for the Chrysler/Dodge vehicles. My wife had a Phatnoise Phatbox MP3 system in her VW Beetle and that was pretty cool.

Last edited by Geed; 09-23-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Quick Reply: MyGig Installed in 08 Megacab