3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hemi Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 01:04 PM
cmnspwr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemi Exhaust

I hang out in the Cummins section and I know nothing about the Hemi's. My dad has an '08 1500 with a Hemi. He wants an exhaust and I told him I'd do some research. I didn't really find what I was looking for. He/we want the exhaust to have that old muscle car rumble to it. I want the thing to shake the ground. I thought about turndowns after the muffler(s). What sounds the best as far as nice and deep. Keep the cats or no? X-pipe, H-pipe? Mild mods may be soon to come as well. Sound clips would be much appreciated.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:34 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Look at Cherry Bomb's if you want to A) shake the ground and B) Get that old late '60s/early 70's muscle V8, at the track sound.
But beware, most report a really bad drone in the cab with most aftermarket exhausts with MDS Hemi's. My '04 does not have MDS, and I really don't notice any drone from my LT headers, CAI & Flowmaster 50HD setup. Maybe an MDS owner or two will chime in with specifics.
I could kick myself in the a$$ for not thinking about the Cherry Bombs. I like the Vortex, but for really loud, you gotta listen to the Extreme's. I had a set of their Glasspacks on a Nova SS I bought not long after I turned 16. I never even gave them a thought when doing exhausts on any of my trucks. I had heard they went belly up when the gas crunch killed the muscle car era. Now you see them everywhere again, I heard Banks owns them now, brought them back from the dead, and in no time they are a major player again...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 08-15-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:40 PM
sk425k
Professional

I have a Gale Banks exhuast i love it but is sounds like you want something really LOUD so i wouldnt go with this exhaust it is civilized unless you want to be heard..

Old 08-15-2008, 03:43 PM
HEMIslide
Rookie

Ive got on 08 Hemi and I went with Magnaflow. You can hear a tone change in the cab, but really, it doesnt bother me and small price to pay to have a nice rumble when it starts up and you go. I absolutely love it on mine.

Best of luck w/ whatever you/your father choose.

-slide

Old 08-15-2008, 09:48 PM
TexasRam01
Rookie

I put on a 40 series flowmaster SI/DO. Sounds BAD ***!! I turned it out just before the wheel on the passenger side. Turn downs would have made it a little throatier. It sounds great, nice flowmaster tone, deep, even at an idle, and little to no pop on the way down. I have the 4.7, so I can only imagine it would sound even better on the HEMI. Good luck with whatever yall chose.

BTW. not much point in ditching the cats. The '08s have hi-flow cats. Wont really gain much and will probably void warranty and not comply with emissions. Not sure if you have emissions in TN.

Quick Reply: Hemi Exhaust