3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trans Problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:17 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You search any other forums about this problem?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:03 PM
explorer9950
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea...but i dont know what the problem is to look it up?? Ex. is it the trany? Is it something to do with the gear shifts, the throttle sensor? I dont know...your issue sounded familiar so I was hoping would know...

Old 09-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Kdarmy

Sounds like you have a whole new problem than what mine is doing, mine is smooth all around...it just makes the rattle noise when maintaining a 50mph or above speed.

As of this Friday, my truck now has a new TC & now a new Tail shaft assembly, but guess what? yup, noise still there!

They once again put the electronic ears back on it just to rule out that it could be anything else...nope, it is for sure coming from the transmission area.

Dealer has had 4 different techs on this problem and still no answers.

The dealer is now to have the Chrysler field rep come out.

More updates to come...

Old 09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Kdarmy

Took it in on Aug 14th...
Sept 9th....and I STILL do not have my truck back yet!!! Don't know if the factory rep has looked at it yet or not.

Only good thing at this point is at least now I have a rental car while they continue to guess at the problem. As long as I have the rental to drive I don't care how much longer it will be at this point.

Will continue to update as I get answers...

Keith

Old 09-09-2008, 09:58 PM
7mmmag1
Professional

i think i would have tried a different dealership about 2 weeks ago

Old 09-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Redbud66
Professional

+1 on that

Old 09-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Kdarmy
Angry

Don't know if trying another dealership would help any? another dealership will be pulling up all info that the other dealership had just done to it...and I would probably have to pay the $100 again (read below).

They called me late in the afternoon (9-10-08) said it was fixed...they had done a TSB, re-flashed the computer etc etc...just a bunch of BS!!!

So I go & pick it up....yup, same problem, NOTHING FIXED!!!!

Got another call from them this morning, said they spoke with Chrysler & some engineer...and the answer was...get this...
"ITS NORMAL... IT IS A PLATE IN THE TRANSMISSION & THE MY COVER ON THE BED MAKES THE NOISE MORE AUDIBLE THAN USUAL" they told me to come back, drop off rental, pay $100 deductible & pick up truck.

WTF!!!!

I am now working with the General Manager, will go in to see him in person tomorrow around noon to discuss with him the details. I have not picked up the truck at this point. I do not have much hope this will resolve anything.

Bottom line for me is I am done with Dodge!!!! This has been the worse CS & repair service I have ever had with anyone. Dodge will never make another sale to me or my family again.

Last edited by Kdarmy; 09-11-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:52 PM
7mmmag1
Professional

sorry to hear about it, never heard anyone having a problem like that before, all me and my family drives is dodges (other than my brother, but he's semi retarded) and we all have had excellent luck with em, have had bad luck with fords though

I recommend chevy over ford any day, i just dont like the new body style

Old 09-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Redbud66
Professional

That does suck dude, I've never heard of anything like that being normal and I certainly have never heard it on my truck. I'm not suprised though, the dealership will try to pass almost anything off as normal in some cases...

Old 09-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Kdarmy

Just a quick update:

I went in today to meet with General Mgr (GM) & Service Mgr, a rep from Chrysler was also to be on conference call at the time but I was early so we went ahead with just a general meeting without him at this time.

This time I was able to lay out for the GM all my detailed documentation, time lines, names, etc... the meeting was also recorded.

At this point they still have the truck & I still have the rental. They said they would call me, so at this point not sure where we stand on this issue.

GM did mention that maybe they (the dealership) may be able to put up some of the costs in order to get it approved from corporate to install a new transmission.

More later...

Keith

Quick Reply: Trans Problem!!!