3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What Stereo setup to buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 01:11 PM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Stereo setup to buy

Hey all I just got off the phone with the wife and got the green light to get a new stereo system. In a privious post I had asked about anyone having Drivers door lock problems. She took the truck to the dealer we got it from and they ran a diagnostic on it and came back with the door lock motor had gone bad. Aslo while driving up to the dealer the kid put in a CD and it wouldn't pop out when she tried to eject it. So they checked the whole truck for bugs. It came back as the stock stereo was going too, the female there told my wife they could order a replacement but at about $500 for just a new one installed it would be cheaper for us to get a aftermarket one. (That was cool of her.) Plus they want us to trade in and get one of the 08's for a great price but I said no we're trying to get out from truck payments.
So here it goes I want a halfway decent stereo and Amp with the two 10" subs in the box under the rear seat. Here is my question I'll spend up to $600-to-700 for the set up what is the best setup for around this price, or do I need to go higher??

Thanks, H-

Old 08-16-2008, 01:22 PM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran

Sorry; I forgot to say I also wanted the iPod and Blue Tooth setup too with the stereo. I'll think about the DVD option later.

Old 08-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Mancunian
Rookie

I just put in a Pioneer 6000U head unit - $250 from Crutchfiled including all connectors and a matching faceplate - I love it. It has a USB connector behind it for an iPod (I ran the connector into my glovebox from behind and it works like a dream - full iPod control. I also bought a Pioneer XM radio kit to plug into it. I mounted it under the rear seat. You can also add Blue Tooth, high def radio and it has anothe auxiliary port as well as amp pre-outs. It is really impressive
Steve

Old 08-16-2008, 08:42 PM
FrankJames

You'd get many more responses and probably more constructive ones (not that mancunian's response wasn't helpful) if you posted this over at sounddomain.com's forum. goodluck.

Quick Reply: What Stereo setup to buy