3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dick Cepek Radial F-C II questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 08:09 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Actually:
A) that is my personal favorite wheel except I'd get chrome cause I kinda got a chrome thing going, but it didn't come out until about a year after I got my Mickey Thompsons. - I hate you.

B) those are the exact same specs as my wheels (as Mickey Thompson and Dick Cepek were the same company until Cooper Tire bought them out, so now they are two divisions within the same company).

I've not heard of them, but you should be OK if they are on the DC site.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:36 PM
boomer79
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went and priced a Rancho 4" lift the other day and it came out to about $1800. That was with the shocks. Thats the same lift you have on your truck right? If so how do you like the lift? The guy I was talking to was pushing me more towards the pro comp lift 4" in the front and 2" in the rear. He said it was because he has put in more Pro Comp kits and that absolutely everything you need will come in the kit, and fits up with no doubt. He said with the Rancho that you can't quite be sure you are going to get everything. Any thoughts to this?

Old 08-17-2008, 09:34 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Personally, I love my kit. It handles really well. I'd only put body lifts on three different trucks before, this is my first suspension lift so I researched it well. When I lived in Ga. I had access to at least a dozen and a half guys with lifted trucks, through hunting club, from the days I tourney bass fished and friends. So I got to ask a lot of questions and drive or at least ride in just about every brand out there. Not always on a Dodge, but it was enough to get an idea. I thought the Rancho handled better than any of them, both on & off road. But, it was also the only 4" kit I tested, so it may just be the slightly lower center of gravity was the difference and not necessarily that Rancho is that much better. Being that I never intend to go more than 35" tires on an IFS truck, the Rancho kit fit the bill.
I've never heard of Pro Comp 4" kit, but admittedly, I don't know all the Dodge 06+ coil over kits like I know the torsion bar kits.
As far as the brand goes, I know a few guys with Pro Comp kits and I've not heard anyone say anything bad about them.
I paid $1703 to the door for my Rancho kit in April of '05 with four RS9000X shocks, and it came with everything needed. I've always been a big fan of Rancho shocks and personally, wouldn't run anything but Rancho or Bilsteins.
I don't doubt the guy you talked to has installed more Pro Comps. Them and Fabtech have always been a lower priced kit than the Superlifts, Ranchos, Skyjacker kits.

If you are serious in wanting a suspension lift, whether it be the Rancho or Pro Comp, then you need to re-think the tires, I'd go 35's on 17's with 4" of lift in a heartbeat...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 08-17-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:55 PM
boomer79
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn this site was made by the devil I swear. All I wanted was an exhaust and sound system. I found this site to get some opinions on exhausts. Next thing I know I have a Gibson exhaust, Superchips 3815, wicked sound system, and Westin signature bars. Now yall have me looking at wheels, tires, lifts, and gears. Frickin killin me with this addiction.

I am guessing that if I wanna get the 4" lift and 35" tires that I will want to get my gears re done right?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:07 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

hate to say it but...

Quick Reply: Dick Cepek Radial F-C II questions