3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ShurTrax Bed Bladder Traction Assist

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 04:23 PM
pcollins
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ShurTrax Bed Bladder Traction Assist

Hey guys... had to let you know of a great deal I just came across.

For those of you who have never heard of this product, ShurTrax makes a truck bed "bladder" that you can fill with water to add weight (~400 lbs) over the rear axle to give better traction, especially in winter driving. Do a google search if you want to read more about it...

Anyways, I have been looking to get one for my QC 1500. Pretty much everyone sells them for ~$130 + shipping. I found on ebay a bit cheaper but not worth mentioning. HOWEVER, I went to Amazon and they have them on sale right now for the Full-size trucks at only $63.00 + FREE SHIPPING!

I had to snag one of these while they still have them. I figured worst case scenario, I never use it, and I can still sell it for $125 and make more than 50 bucks on it. I definitely think I will use it, especially because I have 2wd, but Im just making a point.

If you guys wanna check it out, here is the link to the full-size bladder that I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/ShurTrax-LW-00...9004115&sr=8-1

P.S.- I know Hammer is going to give me hell for this instead of using sandbags, haha But dont worry Hammer, I will be keeping one bag back there just in case I need to dump it out for tire traction in an emergency

Last edited by pcollins; 08-17-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:33 PM
frtyate

Thanks I was planning on ordering one of these for the winter. It's nice to get it for half price plus free shipping.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Jeffylee
Rookie

Looks pretty neat. Not a bad idea where it snows in the winter but doesn't get real cold.

I'll stick with sand bags though. In the middle of winter at 25 below zero things become pretty brittle and water sure likes to expand as it freezes. Four or five 70 lb sand bags are easy in and easy out. Plus you can pull one out of the back and give to a stuck Ford. I wouldn't want to be tossing wood or cement blocks in the back with that there.

Hope it works out good for you though.

Quick Reply: ShurTrax Bed Bladder Traction Assist