3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need some help ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:09 AM
BiggBlu601
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help ASAP!!

hey yall, im lookin for some help on buying a truck. im gonna be looking at 2 quad cab rams with hemi's and all. 1 is a an 04 with 52k on it 2wd and the other is an 05 with 66k on it 2wd. both are for the same price of 11999. Now this is gonna be mainly a ride for my wife so how is the mpg lookin for a stock hemi with the stock 20's? she doesnt drive like a bat out of hell but pretty conservative. Also what type of thing like problems and other stuff should i look for in the trucks? anythign major wrong with those year model rams?? Im liking the 05 even though it has higher miles, cause it has nerf bars on the side and the folding out piece under the rear seat. The 04 has the same stuff minus the bars and folding piece but has a cover over the bed. Me and her are both kinda short so the bars are a must for me and her lol. Anywayz any help would be great. thanks all.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:17 AM
ofnaman1995
Default purchasing

Just be sure to shop around and not get in too big of a rush. I found that when I was shopping for my truck, the best deals by far were on autotrader.com

autotrader was much more useful than ebay or any other websites I came across because you can put in the distance that you are willing to drive to pick the truck up, as well as, year model, price, and whatever other specs you want to specify in your search.

Even if your wife drives conservative, the mileage still isn't great. That's just the breaks with a big truck. Mine has a 4.7 V8 and averages 15 on the highway and in town. I've read from other peoples posts on here that the hemi is comparable to the 4.7's mileage, but people alter them so much, no two trucks are the same.

I also recommend getting a carfax vehicle report before purchasing. That way you will no if it has ever been in an accident, or registered as a rental vehicle or anything like like. You can get a 30 day subscritopn to carfax for around thirty bux I think.

Happy hunting!!

Old 08-20-2008, 03:50 AM
frtyate

2006+ 1500's hemi's have MDS for better fuel economy

Old 08-20-2008, 06:41 AM
Skullycapone
Rookie

I seen a loaded 04 on ebay I believe for 7000, looked decent to

Old 08-20-2008, 07:39 AM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I get 16 MPG around town with my truck and it has the hemi. Just make sure you are comfortable with the sale. New trucks (around here anyway) are going for 40% off MSRP according to the TV commercial. If it feels right, it's a good deal. Good luck. Red

Old 08-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Mancunian
Rookie

Definitley look on the dealer lots. They are giving away used trucks an 08s can be had for 50% off. Think how much th warranty alone is worth. Is the cheap gas deal still on?

My truck is an 03 Hemi 2wd and is immaculate with bedrug, ******* hard top and aftermarket speakers. Freshly serviced by the dealership. Sure it has 80K on it but it drives like new and I got it for 9k. I could probably get the same truck now for 7K. If you dont need the 4wd dont get it. It wll harm MPG but the trade in wil be better with 4wd. If you go in at the last couple of days in the month without a trade-in, offer 60% off a new 08 and negotiate from there. Ask for everything you want. You will get a great deal, Chrysler is desperate to shift these trucks
Steve

Quick Reply: Need some help ASAP!!