3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

places to grease on the 1500??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 AM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

guess I didn't need that new grease gun after all...who woulda thunk I needed to check if there were actually grease fittings or not. Thought that was a standard part of upkeep. Instead I can just replace the ball-joints when they go bad. mmmk

Old 01-03-2009, 12:39 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71

There are no grease fittings on these trucks as the manufacturer for some reason thought it might be better to eliminate them. Foolish I know but I am sure they are saving millions of dollars just so grease fittings aren't in place to regularly grease and maintain their trucks. The differential(s), transmission and transfer case (if present) should all be checked along with the brake fluid, power steering fluid, washer fluid, , belt and hoses for condition and leaks, wiper blades, and if the front end is off the ground check the and steering components for wear (this would be down the road when more miles have accrued).
Check the ...WHAT???? Bunch 'a' idiots forgot something unless Hammer didn't copy paste properly????....lol

Old 01-03-2009, 12:42 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
guess I didn't need that new grease gun after all...who woulda thunk I needed to check if there were actually grease fittings or not. Thought that was a standard part of upkeep. Instead I can just replace theball-joints when they go bad. mmmk

Yup. It's not an IF, but rather a WHEN!

Old 01-03-2009, 07:14 PM
bulletperformance
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the steering bar there is one on there there is also one on the front u joint at the front diff one on each end of the transfer case on the ujoints and then at the rear u joint .. thats the only places i have found

Quick Reply: places to grease on the 1500??