3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Questions from a new Ram owner.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:36 PM
HollowPoint40
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions from a new Ram owner.

Hello everyone,

Great site!

I just bought a 2003 Ram laramie 4x4 with a Southern Comfort package. The dealer used it as a big selling point but i dont know much about it. The truck has every bell and whistle but i think thats from the laramie.

That is my question, the truck is jacked up and has new rims and tires, is that the package? It seems like someone did that themself, not a company that does upgrades.

The sales guy was also saying something about an upgraded radiator and transmission cooling system? Is that standard with a towing package on rams?

I did a search and there isnt much that comes up...

Thanks guys.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:26 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Near as i can tell the tranny cooling and radiator upgrades are standard, im no expert so dont just take my word for it but my 07 had all that in it. As for the southern comfort package...never heard of it!: I just did a search and it seems Southern Comfort Conversions from Shrevport, La is a legit company however i cant find anything of what their package would be. Good luck digging and let us know what you find...im curious now!

Old 08-29-2008, 11:31 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as I know, you can get southern comfort on any vehicle. I see em all the time. And none of them I have seen are lifted or have aftermarket wheels. So I say those were put on by the previous owner as well as getting the souther comfort package. Does it have a paint job that fades from one color to another? Thats what all the SC vehicles I have seen have.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 PM
miboy62
Rookie

Congrats on the new truck. Not sure what that package is either. But I'am on my first Ram also a new 07 loaded. And liking every min.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Toefur
Professional

The Tow package does include an transmission fluid cooler as well as a power steering fluid cooler

Old 08-30-2008, 05:18 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

I thought that the sourthern comfort thing was on chevys.

Quick Reply: Questions from a new Ram owner.