3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Wanderer
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other than preforming scheduled maitenace, the only items that have improved mpg has been oil and air. The change from dino to synthetic improved approximately 1/2 mpg. (that was the orginal reason for GM installing it in the vette) With my 17 inch oem GYs I run 44 psi in the front and 40 psi in rear when empty. At 47,000 miles they have worn even and I still have 5-6/32s left. This provided a full 1 mpg increase due to the reduced rolling resistence.

The EPA tests most of these fuel savings devices and found most to be worthless with some actually reducing performance and a few showing marginal benefits. You gotta believe if any of the auto manufactures could spent a $100 or two per truck and increase the EPA mileage that much, they would in a heart beat.

Quick Reply: Fitch Fuel Catalyst