3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 AM
mellino19
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitch Fuel Catalyst

I was watching tv one day and saw the Fitch fuel catalyst on horsepower tv and was really surprised by it. It's an inline fuel system (kind of a filter if you think about it somehow) and it's supposed to allow you to get better mileage and run on lower grades.

So for example say you have an F-150 Lightning....well this a dodge forum so an SRT-10, duh...that says it has to be filled up with super, the fitch fuel catalyst will allow you to put in midgrade fuel, and get 1 to 2.5 mpg more and even a few more horses at the same time. I thought this was an awesome concept, but I wasn't sure about cars take regular unleaded fuel.

http://www.fitchcatalyst.com/automobiles.php At the bottom of this link there is a video and it shows them test it on an engine and the results are pretty cool.

If anybody has one of these on their truck I'd like to hear how it is and if you notice anything. If somebody with a 2002 4.7 Ram has it on their truck that would be perfect since that's what I'm driving. I wanna buy it but I wanna be like 100% sure its worth the $180 and just how much it will help me with my mileage

Old 09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
r91488

You do realize it would take around 1250 gallons of gas just to break even on this if it works or not, thats about 55 tanks of gas. figuring on .20 cents for the gas difference and estimated 22-23 gallons on the fill up.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:39 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd give you my honest opinion, but the guys that run this place say I'm not allowed to run off newbies --- any more!!!

Old 09-03-2008, 12:40 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

^^LMAO^^

I think you just did Hammer

Nah, don't waste you money mell. There are other ways to gain MPG if you're that concerned about it. but most just need to understand that you are driving a 5k+ lb brick, it'll take energy to move it.

the only really significant gains we've seen with anything is bwhite seeing a big gain using a hho generator (hydrogen generator). look that up and try it if you're real interested.

Last edited by xfeejayx; 09-03-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:50 PM
KARAM0182

Everyone is worried about fuel economy but for the potential problems of trying new products that try to trick the computers in todays vehicles...is it really worth it for 1 mpg? Keep on properly maintaining your truck and you will consistantly see improved or maintained fuel economy. If your really worried about a few dollars at the pump it may be time to trade in for a Honda Civic...People would go through the same questions on the Corvette forum...but i'll keep this Dodge...if you try to cheat and SRT model of what it was designed to handle you may re-think what you drive. If you want a reasonable way to maintain an honest 1-2 mpg take your truck to a local big name tire shop and have your tires filled up with nitrogen. The nitrogen doesn't expand or contract like air leaving you with properly inflated tires at all times. Perhaps this problem will be solved in 2012 when ALL passenger vehicles must meet a national fuel economy rating highway of 24 mpg I think. We shall see. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:04 PM
mellino19
Rookie

well thanks hammer, haha I didnt really think ppl did the whole n00b stuff on forums, lol I dont care though. I'm definately not trading my truck for a civic haha, living in New England makes you want a truck because of the winters, I don't want some little 110hp retard FWD civic in snow hahah, thats one of the main reasons I bought my Ram, hell if it wasn't for insurance I would've gladly bought a mustang or trans am or something. I just wanted opinions on the catalyst and see what people thought of it. Oh and Karam i'm not driving an SRT-10 i just have a 4.7 ram....I wouldn't mind the SRT-10 but that would only be a weekend toy b/c 8mpg now is just retarded lol

Old 09-03-2008, 02:22 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by KARAM0182
If you want a reasonable way to maintain an honest 1-2 mpg take your truck to a local big name tire shop and have your tires filled up with nitrogen. The nitrogen doesn't expand or contract like air leaving you with properly inflated tires at all times.
nitrogen is useless in tires. you're supposed to fill up air in your tires when they are cold, so even when cold you shouldn't go below the pressure you filled to. and warming up only increases pressure. even then, it's usually only about 4 psi anyway, which isn't much at all.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:09 PM
mellino19
Rookie

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...05429946487167 this right here?? for the HHO Generator? Pretty cool but I'll probably all set with it for now cuz I dont have $600-$1500 for one of them lol

Old 09-17-2008, 01:16 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Perhaps fill the tires with helium and make them lighter than air

The green valve stem caps that they use with nitrogen are ghey too.

I check all of my vehicles tire pressure once a month.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:56 AM
mellino19
Rookie

Alright so I saw a customer review on stylin trucks that a guy with an 04 4.7 ram posted saying:

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 With a 4.7
Posted 7/30/2008 by Midnite
Ok so at first I was not sure if it was workin but i my mpg went from 11.1 to sbout 16.2 city and i drive me truck hard so i was impressesed and from 16.8 to bout 21.3 on the highway. AT this rate it'll pay for itself IN THE NEXT FUEL STOP! Best fuel add on yet....would Def buy again...

just seeing that is making want to get it more because it's something actually works and his case is the same as mine.

Quick Reply: Fitch Fuel Catalyst