3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

i want to get a new horn....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:02 PM
ramracing4.7ltr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i want to get a new horn....

you all , i would love get the one of loudest fog horns for this truck that they make..its for those mother f**kers who really love to **** me off on the road...my father in law has one on his hummer and its ok , but not loud enough...where can i find this?? i will most likely order asap -i had a bad day on the road

Old 09-05-2008, 11:28 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How loud do you want and how many horns do you want?

I got mine from Seige Engineering, they are an EBay dealer of airhorns. The have from 2 to 6 horn kits both short and tall. They have 1 gal. to 5 gal. tanks, and pressure switches from 90 psi to 200 psi.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 PM
ramracing4.7ltr
Veteran

i was gonna ask that , why so many diff horns ? is it for diff sounds or just the noise /sound level at the sound of the honk? and i want it to be loud, but not so loud that it would scare the living sh*t out of me even though im doing it lol !

Old 09-06-2008, 04:46 AM
abarmby
Champion
Talking

Multiple horns give a fuller tone to the blast.
They don't make it louder.
Larger diameter air tubing, large capacity air tanks and horn throats give greater air volume and flow therefore louder sound.
Don't go for the 1/4 " or 3/8ths" piping. Go for the 1/2" stuff he he he.
I have all 1/2" fittings and it's LOUD!!!!! It's "WTF was that" loud if you know what I mean?
Check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opQD2evvSMA

Old 09-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning

Sounds like a train. Personally I don't see why you would want your truck to sound like a train but to each their own.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:52 AM
jstmahoney
Captain

Make it loud enough to shatter the rice racer's windows.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:18 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

I have the 4 horn kit. Smallest horn is 6" and the longest horn is 13". I run 1/4" tubing and have a 3 gal. tank. I switched from the 200 psi switch to the 120 psi. The 200 was to loud for me. The 120 however still can be heard from half a mile away. Mine sounds like a train. I am thinking about switching the horns to make it sound more like a rig, but don't have the money right now to buy them.

Short horns will give a higher pitch of sound. Combo the short with the long and you will sound like train. If you want loud bassy like a rig, get 3 long and 1 short. If you go with all long, then you will sound like a barge. If you like that, then that is ok I guess.

Quick Reply: i want to get a new horn....