3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Jiffy Lube Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never use Jiffy lube.

You should have had it taken it to the shop that does your other stuff.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:27 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaHipaKea1313
Well I just got the bill scanned to me by my daughter it's called
"FULL THROTTLE FUEL SYSTEM" and a "FULL THROTTLE 2-PART FISC" $74.99
what ever that is?? and it was a "Check Air Filter" the Changed part was from the reciept not rolling straight through the printer I guess so we weren't charged for it. Oh $7.00 for 2 quarts of Coolant, WOW
Did you not click on my link in the prior post?

Old 09-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Wanderer
Veteran

Obviously, someone at Jiffy Lube messed up since they did not sell you a set of wiper blades. Their business model is to get you in for a cheap oil change and then sell you additional services. Even if they completed 50 oil changes a day, it would not cover their overhead. Most states have a consumer law that additional work and services cannot be performed without prior approval. Some sneak a work authorization under your nose and ask you to sign it. Most do not read it. The training at this and similar places is to come out with a wiper or air filter and state that it is spent and if you do not replace it it now, it could cause damage. They will try to tell you that your antifreeze is contaiminated and has to be replaced. The sharper ones come with a print out that says your front or rear needs a fluid change to protect your warranty.

I have not heard of many billing for work not performed , but I have heard many that do not know of ATF+4 and even less that know it is used in the power steering, not the generic stuff.

IMO, if you cannot do it yourself, find a good shop that gives you good value (not the cheapest) and develop a relationship. I have such a shop that I have no problem telling my wife or daughter to go and tell them to resolve the problem.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:36 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen several things about most Jiffy Lubes ripping people off. I also had a buddy that used to work at one here. He will tell you he isn't proud of the things they did but to not take your car there. He said they were always being told to sell air filters and transmission flushes and stuff like that. He said he told them one time when he did sell a transmission flush that he didn't know how to do it and they told him well don't do it then. Yet you can bet that person still got charged for it. I've read soo many bad things about them and seen news videos of bad things and then heard his experiences. You might get a good one everyonce in a while but most I wouldn't trust. It's probably some kids getting paid $6 an hour and getting pushed to sell extra services that they may or may not do.

I also had someone else that went and said that she usually gets her brother in law that works for the dealer to do it but for some reason she went there this time. Well, the next time she went back to him and he said they hadn't changed the filter and I'm assuming oil either since the last time he had. So basically she paid for nothing.

I wouldn't even be sure you got an oil change. I'd find a good local shop and pay them to do the oil changes. Or heck I'd even trust the dealer more than Jiffy Lube. I'd also like said above write the date on the oil filter or something so that you can tell afterwards if it's been changed or not.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:02 AM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran

Thanks everyone NO MORE Jiffy Lube. I'll be doing ALL my stuff on my truck when I get back home.

SeVeReDiStOrTiOn thanks for the link but the web police will not let me on here. So I'll get on the YouTube next time I'm at the internet Cafe

Again Thanks to all.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:14 AM
jstmahoney
Captain

I hate those types of places I was In a situation like you are before, and was forced to take it to jiffy lube. They tightened the drain plug so tight, I almost couldn't get it off! Just another reason why I do it myself.

Quick Reply: Jiffy Lube Questions