3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

08 Ram 1500- Headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Skullycapone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Ram 1500- Headers

Few questions about headers

1. Worth it?

2. Better sound?

3. More power?

4. Who makes the best headers for the rams, performance and sound wise?

I see OEM ones for over a grand, bossani over a grand to, I just dumped a good chunk of change into a catback magnaflow system, not sure I want to spend over a grand more, but I do want the best

Old 09-08-2008, 09:16 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

yes, especially LTs, dyno's have shown gains upwards of 30 HP by headers alone if other mods that maximize them are also in place.

yes, definately a more 70's muscle type tone.

yes, see #1

When I researched for headers for my '04 about 2 years ago, my local performance shop had a nice database on their local system with dyno's of all kinds of mods, including headers. Best gains of anything they had were Dynotech's, but the Pacesetters were not far behind. Since you could almost buy three sets of Pacesetters for what the Dynotechs cost, I opted for the Pacesetters. Very happy after two years...

Old 09-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Skullycapone
Rookie

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
yes, especially LTs, dyno's have shown gains upwards of 30 HP by headers alone if other mods that maximize them are also in place.

yes, definately a more 70's muscle type tone.

yes, see #1

When I researched for headers for my '04 about 2 years ago, my local performance shop had a nice database on their local system with dyno's of all kinds of mods, including headers. Best gains of anything they had were Dynotech's, but the Pacesetters were not far behind. Since you could almost buy three sets of Pacesetters for what the Dynotechs cost, I opted for the Pacesetters. Very happy after two years...
I used to be a edelbrock fan when I was a teenager with my 68 cutlass, I dont really see a model for my year anywhere but I do see ones for 04-05-06.

What do you think of edelbrock headers and part #66792, do you know if they would fit? Is edelbrock still a leader in these fields? These ones here arent long tubes but mid length.

Thansk for all the info

Old 09-08-2008, 10:01 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Im getting JBA Shorties put on hopefully soon (shipping said it take a bout 3-5 days) with a new "Y" pipe, and they come with some pretty nice power increases too, not as much as the long tubes, but I dont plan on being way up in the rpm band for regular day to day driving... One thing you absolutely must do is make sure they fit your year!!! Cause with the Lts you will be cutting that nice new cat-back to move the cats to make room for the headers so if you just cut everything up without double checking things first life will become a bitch really fast.

Quick Reply: 08 Ram 1500- Headers