3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please help me! Urgent!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:19 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary has a great post, always check the simple stuff first and it sounds like it could cause the symptoms.

Also, is the speedo acting OK?

Stay safe soldier!

Old 09-14-2008, 07:19 PM
dazed01
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryG
This is going to sound really obvious, but I'll suggest it anyways: recommend your wife check & recheck to make sure the Parking Brake is fully disengaged.

From the shop manual:

The park brake switch on the park brake pedal mechanism provides a hard wired ground input to the instrument cluster circuitry through the park brake switch sense circuit whenever the park brake is applied or not fully released.
The CAB continually monitors the ABS system circuits and sensors, including the brake fluid level switch on the brake master cylinder reservoir, to decide whether the system is in good operating condition. The CAB then sends the proper lamp-on or lamp-off messages to the instrument cluster. If the CAB sends a lamp-on message after the bulb test, it indicates that the CAB has detected a brake hydraulic system malfunction and/or that the ABS system has become inoperative. The CAB will store a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) for any malfunction it detects.

Semper Fi.
I've seen a few cars/trucks that either needed adjustment or a new spring and the parking brake pedal wouldn't come all the way up you had to pull up on it while pulling on the release handle. But never saw one that had an abs code/light with that.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Wanderer
Veteran

I agree with 94rt10ohio, the brakes are working, but the abs has been disabled. Otherwise you would already know it. My last truck had the same condition. Good that you are under warranty, I wasn't and they charged me $220 for the module and 2 hours labor for a simple installation.

I would be remiss if I did not thank you for your service. Stay safe and hope you're home soon so you can have the joy of handling these simple life experiences.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:39 AM
outbreak
Rookie
Default Thanks

Hey guy, thanks for all of your help. She made it home safely... yeah, the first thing I had her check was the emergency brake. The speedometer did start acting up, so I'm 98% sure its the speed sensor. Not a big deal. It just sucks being here and helpless. We just got married 1 month before I left too!

Thanks again for all of your help AND support! You guys ROCK!

...Out...

Old 09-15-2008, 07:23 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

My bet is abs sensor, my mother's on her new '08 Grand Caravan went with only 3k miles on it. On a sunday also, she must've called me in a panic half a dozen times every time the thing beeped at her. I'm sure that's all it is. It's Monday, so you'll know today. Keep us posted and stay safe...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 09-15-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:57 AM
GaryG

Outbreak, just wondering - - what did the problem turn out to be?

Quick Reply: Please help me! Urgent!!!