3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

where to buy lugnuts???

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 PM
hibbard_pcc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy lugnuts???

Hello all, I am new to the forums and looking for a little help. The wonderful Wal-mart was changing my oil the other day...(I know I usually do it myself but my girlfriend was sick and had to go to the doctor and I didn't have time)...they rotated my tires and got one of my lug nuts stuck in their socket. They stupid manager told me that they would pay for another one if I bought it because they had to drill it out of their socket...Rather than argue with them I just gave him the "your stupid look" took my keys and left. My problem is that I cant find anywhere to buy lug nuts that fit my truck. I talked to advanced auto and they first said they could order them but then they changed their mind and said they couldn't...I know the dealership will charge a crap load for them but if anyone knows of a place to buy them I would really appreciate a little direction in the matter.

My truck is a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad 4X4 4.7L

Thanks

Old 09-16-2008, 06:44 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They used the wrong size socket or not deep enough. Never, ever go to a cheapo place like that for any work, never.

Since Walmart is paying for it just go to the dealer and get the receipt.

For the 04 chrome clad nuts they are around A couple of bucks each.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:01 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Instead of going all over the place just get a set from the dealer and give Walmart your receipt before too much time goes by. I would ask for a coupon also for a free oil change even if you just give it away to someone. Your time is worth something here. Red

Old 09-16-2008, 08:24 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMC sells them from their online catalog. Google LMC Truck, the site should come up. They had parts (much cheaper than the dealer) that autozone, napa, pep boys, advance auto, auto parts sites and ebay did not have at all. They had an impressive array of factory Ram parts, probably enough that you could build a Ram from their catalog...

Old 09-16-2008, 08:28 PM
sos
All Star

I'd recommend against getting the dealer lugs. On my old truck, the chrome caps came off a few of the lugs. This left the ugly lugs underneath, which also had the problem of being too small for the wrench that came with the truck, and all of the ones that the caps came off ended up getting rounded off. I replaced them all with McGard lugs. I just got my Ram in May, and have already replaced the lugs with McGard ones so it doesn't happen again. They only cost about $50 for enough lugs to do the whole truck if you get them thru Amazon. The model for mine was 64008, and I think your truck would be the same. These are solid instead of nuts covered in a thin chrome trim.

http://www.amazon.com/McGard-64008-L...dp/B000COS0GK/

As for the Walmart thing, you can try to get them to pay for one set if you want, or just make it a learning experience.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are they the chrome ones? if not, I will send you one. I got a whole extra set.

Then go to the dealership. Buy one, return it and give them the receipt without the return on it. Make a couple dollars

Old 09-17-2008, 01:31 PM
kenihemi
All Star

I have some chrome ones if you need a couple.

They came with the stock chrome clad 20's.

As far as the chrome caps coming off, mine are over 4 years old and never lost a cap. Of course, I always use a tq wrench and the proper deep socket. Nobody else has ever touched my lugs since the dealer used an airgun with a short socket and screwed them up and replaced them or when I got new tires, I told them no air guns and use a tq wrench to put them on to 105lbs. I was in the bay watching the whole time.

Last edited by kenihemi; 09-17-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:00 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Stop screwing around with inferior lugs.... Gorilla lugs. Can buy them in most parts stores or online places like Jegs and Summit Racing.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:01 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by kenihemi
I have some chrome ones if you need a couple.
wanna send me one of those? I learned the walmart lesson too, ended up with a mangled lug

Old 09-17-2008, 07:36 PM
kenihemi
All Star

xfee you have a pm. Gimme your address and I'll send you a couple.

Quick Reply: where to buy lugnuts???