3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

dirty dodge service dept. coeur' d elane, ID

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:30 PM
ryland
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dirty dodge service dept. coeur' d elane, ID

So you may remember my thred on the hard time I had changing my rear diff fluid and how I couldent get the old rtv off very easy. After looking at the front diff I decided that it was a little tight when it comes to hand space so I decided to take it to the dealer to change the front. I spoke to a service rep on the phone and asked them if they pulled the cover or if they just pumped it out. He told me that they always pull the cover replace the rtv and inspect the gears. I also asked if I could bring my own fluid, they said I could but if it wasen't the right fluid it would not be their fault. It was the right fluid 75-90 amsoil. So my wife, daughter and I drove 50 min. to the dealer. We got there at 9 am for our appointment. went to eat breakfast came back, waited for another hour in the waiting room with our daughter screaming. When they were done I asked them to fill out my log and asked for the remainder of the ams oil so i only had to buy 2 quarts next time instead of 3 at 15.99 a bottle. They said that the tech spilled it so there was none left. I was ok with that but still dident know for sure if they put my amsoil in or just put in the reg stuff. When I got home I crawled under my car and the bottom of the diff was still dirty and had all the old dirty rtv still on it. THEY NEVER PULLED THE COVER!!!! I called them and said that I dident want to be a jerk but they dident pull the cover. "sir we always pull the cover and inspect the gears". "umm...no you dident it's still dirty and has all the old rtv on it". "well I'll ask th teck that woked on your car.........your right he said he just pumped it out". "I thought you always pull the cover"!! We went on and on and I told both him and the department manager that I dident believe that they put my amsoil in either. "sir we wouldent lie to you". "YOU ALREADY HAVE!!!!!" So I made a new appointment. What do you guys think? did they put in my oil?? The funny thing is I told my wife before we went there that something like this would happen!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Toefur
Professional

I would hafta think that they DID put your fluid but you cant be sure now. Also, the guy spilled 1 quart??? What did he do...knock over the open bottle and watch 1 quart spill out all over the place??

Old 09-16-2008, 07:45 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the missing quart is a huge red flag for me. Either the guy kept it for himself, or kept it ALL for himself. Either way it sounds dishonest. Why go back to them?

Old 09-16-2008, 07:46 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Spilled the left overs...ahahahha what a crock. Odds are they kept your amsoil for themselves and put in the cheap stuff. It happens all the time...if you're having someone else work on your vehicle stand there and watch the tech.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:49 PM
ryland
Rookie

exactly the stuff flows really slow!!!! btw I brought 3 quarts isent the capacity 2.2 or something like that?

Old 09-16-2008, 07:52 PM
ryland
Rookie

well they need to fix what they did. What I'm going to do is buy three new quarts, bring the recipt, and tell them hat I want to watch them dump it in and I want to be reimbursed for the oil. If not I want my money back for the service and for the oil that I dont believe they put in.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:55 PM
ryland
Rookie

the thing that really tick's me off is that we waited two hours!!!! because they were faking doing the job, otherwise it would have only took at most 30min to pump it out and then replace.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would demand my money for my labor back and the money for the Amsoil. 1) the service adviser said "we always pull the cover off". That did not happen. 2) "They said that the tech spilled it so there was none left". Sloppy work. 3) If you felt the need to crawl under the truck to make sure the work was done right, you know that they can not be trusted.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:01 PM
ryland
Rookie

do you guys in GA always pull the cover? Also if I would have pumped it out and the rtv failed and destroyed my gears, I bet that the warrenty wouldent have covered it because I dident replace the rtv!

Old 09-16-2008, 08:30 PM
dazed01
Veteran

Originally Posted by ryland
do you guys in GA always pull the cover? Also if I would have pumped it out and the rtv failed and destroyed my gears, I bet that the warrenty wouldent have covered it because I dident replace the rtv!
I don't know about where he works but it pisses me off in my shop when I see people doing half assed ****ty work like just pumping the old oil out. It takes a few more minutes to do the job right and you get paid the full hour anyway. It takes me probably 20 minutes to clean the diff out clean the cover, rtv it and put new fluid in it. The old RTV won't fail, if it was leaking before it probably won't be leaking now.

Quick Reply: dirty dodge service dept. coeur' d elane, ID