3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gas Vapor Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:04 PM
rkersh409
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Vapor Pump?

I have a 2006 with a hemi. The check engine came on the other day with a P0440 code. I reset the computer and the light never came back on. Today I was sitting outside and saw something hanging down under the truck. I crawled under the truck to see what it was. Under the drivers seat was something that I can only guess to be a pump. It has two wires that plug into the top of it. And about a 3/8" hose plugged into the other end of it. It looks like it snaps onto an oval shaped can.

This "pump" had two tabs broken off. And one tab broken off of the oval shaped can. Does anyone know what this pump is and what they cost? It is holding on two sides so would it be okay to put silicon around it to hold it in?

Thank,
Robert

Old 09-21-2008, 09:21 PM
eaglestorm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats your leak detection pump (ldp or nvld) depend's on the year they keep changing the names and the ovel thing is your charcoal canister any leak ther will cause your ck eng light to come on

Last edited by eaglestorm; 12-14-2008 at 11:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Gas Vapor Pump?