3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I want your opinion on sticker placement!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Jeepis
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want your opinion on sticker placement!

Hey guys, not sure if I still qualify as the new guy, but I'm still fairly new.

Anyway, I want your opinion on sticker placement on our trucks. What looks good, what looks tacky, what's your opinion?

Here's a shot of the back of my truck:

I have my obligatory alumni license plate frame, but I also have two more stickers ordered, one is a sticker that simply says:

Nor - Cal (I'm from northern California, so gotta represent the homeland)

and the other one is a simple "Keep Tahoe Blue" sticker. I've always had one on all of my cars, and my truck will be no different. Lake Tahoe is a beautiful lake that needs help, and the sticker is my small way of helping to raise awareness.

Anyway, I don't mean for this to be a political thread or a treehugger thread or anything, you guys can think what you want, but I want to know what you think about where I should place the stickers.

I'm thinking the Nor Cal on the rear glass right below the 3rd brake light, and the keep tahoe blue sticker on the tailgate, passengers side, above the 4x4 logo.

Your thoughts?

Old 09-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Fleisch
Rookie

How big is tha Nor-Cal sticker? My friend has one on his truck on the lower left part of his window, and I think it looks great there. But hes goin to school in So-cal right now so he catches a lot of flak for having one haha.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Tizi
Professional

I never put stickers on my paint or chrome. I used to detail RVs and Autos back in the day and once you get them on there, depending the type, they are hard to get off, if not impossible without messing up the paint. Anywhere on your back or side windows would be cool.

Nice truck, bye the way!

Old 09-27-2008, 08:51 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

That's a good spot for the nor-cal but i'd have it more towards the bottom of the glass. The Tahoe sticker is just an regular rectangle bumper sticker right? That thing looking good somewhere is going to be hard...but it would look better under the 4x4 instead of over it IMO.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:09 PM
thehemiman12345
All Star

I would put them both on the back window....thats the only place I would ever put a sticker. I couldn't bring myself to putting one on the paint...

Old 09-27-2008, 10:16 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Call me crazy, but I think that the bumper sticker might look best on the bumper. lol
I think that the Nor-Cal would look best centered like you want to. Keep some symmetry about the truck. Maybe if you had another one that was a winder sticker, then it might not look bad, but otherwise I would center it.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:39 AM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

I would put both on the rear glass. That looks the least tacky.

Old 09-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Jeepis
Rookie

Thanks for the advice guys. I think the NorCal sticker will go on the glass below the 3rd brake light, and the Tahoe sticker I am still torn on... Maybe under the 4x4 badging on the tailgate... Not sure.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:23 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would put them both on the back window.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:26 PM
bpate

i had 3 stickers on my last truck...but this time i'm not putting any on my new truck. i am a college football fan and i will buy one of those flags you can hold with the window insead of a sticker.

i had a sticker that faded really bad and was just an eyesore so i won't do stickers anymore but be sure to put them on the glass so you can remove them without hurting the paint or chrome.

Quick Reply: I want your opinion on sticker placement!